Fiat Coupe Club UK

porsche brake callipers

Posted By: Anonymous

porsche brake callipers - 26/01/2008 21:35

im thinking about putting some porsche brake callipers (964 carrera) on my coupe. but i got a couple of questions i need answering first. do the fit with the standard wheels. and would i need bigger discs. also is it alot of worik to change them.

Re: porsche brake callipers - 26/01/2008 22:16

You also need to consider piston bore sizes in relation to the standard calipers among a multitude of other things. Just bolting on any calipers won't necessarily give you better brakes.

Re: porsche brake callipers - 26/01/2008 23:03

JohnS has these, might be worth asking him.

Re: porsche brake callipers - 27/01/2008 00:36

i was also thinking about some aston martin (DB9,S) 4 pots. but the coupes brembos are 4 pots so i dont know if there will be much difference. mind you the aston martin ones proberly have bigger pistons.

Re: porsche brake callipers - 27/01/2008 02:37

i thought the db9 brakes whers 6 pot?

Re: porsche brake callipers - 27/01/2008 02:38

or are u on about the baby aston?

Re: porsche brake callipers - 28/01/2008 17:54

Originally Posted By: dyer20vturbo
im thinking about putting some porsche brake callipers (964 carrera) on my coupe. but i got a couple of questions i need answering first. do the fit with the standard wheels. and would i need bigger discs. also is it alot of worik to change them.

See here:

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=520423

Tarox and Alcon do a caliper that will fit under the standard wheels. Otherwise you'll have to change them. I think unless you are going for a bigger disc then leave them standard.

It is a great deal of work to change the disc and caliper - you can't just swap bits over. \:\(
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK