Fiat Coupe Club UK

Disc and pads deal on ebay.

Posted By: Anonymous

Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 19/03/2008 14:58

Hi All, just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on this deal off ebay front and rear discs + front mintex pads.

[url=Discs and pads] http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...DS%252BI%252BSS[/url]

I rang the guy who sells them to ask who makes the discs and he tells me there a company call nipparts, ive never heard of them but they seem a big parts maker.

Just wondering if there worth it or noy?

Thanks Iain

Re: Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 19/03/2008 16:02

I have also wondered about some of these brake discs on ebay, but i never know whether to trust some of these companies.

Re: Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 19/03/2008 16:42

i think it the case of 'you get what you pay for', there a group buy for some discs and pads that are supposed the be the dogs danglies...

Re: Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 19/03/2008 23:56

I would strongly advise against these, there QH discs from a local motor factors that have been machined.I know of someone that purchased a set for an Alfa and within weeks they cracked \:o

Re: Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 19/03/2008 23:58

I'm gonna need new disks and pads in just over a months time. I'm hoping that either Nigel can organise another group buy or at least give me all the contact details etc so i can see if i can do it.

So if your happy to wait till around the end of april, then we might be able to get cheap discs and pads.

Re: Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 20/03/2008 03:06

brought and used on my old 16vt , they where fine just not very well done , standard brakes filed , they didnt crack ,

Re: Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 20/03/2008 21:15

think i will stick to 3G, there blanks are from brembo. \:\)

Re: Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 20/03/2008 21:52

i got some off ebay not these eact ones tho and they are just bedded in and there great no complaints from me . . . . . \:D \:D

Re: Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 25/03/2008 04:36

I bought these on ebay and they are pretty good, one thing i will say though is they do need to warm up. Once warm they are dont half bring the coupe to a halt but before they are warm its requires a fare bit of presure from the old right foot. Think this is mainly down to the mintex pads though, once the pads have gone i'll be purchasing normal mintex pads not the extremes!
Posted By: Blue20vt

Re: Disc and pads deal on ebay. - 27/03/2008 16:30

i have similar ones. and they squeel like a banshee.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK