Fiat Coupe Club UK

Grooved disk problem

Posted By: Anonymous

Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 15:01

Hi i have a problem. How can I set the grooved disk on the car?(I mean the direction) Do you have please fotos?

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 15:09

You can put them on either way. With the grooves facing down and forwards is probably more common, and makes a little less noise. According to some fit them the other way they will be more aggressive and louder.

I don't think it makes that much difference either way though

Chris
Posted By: whatmoretyres

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 15:15

Yup, either way :

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/1973turbo/DSC00287.jpg

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 15:22

I have the same direction like you whatmoretyres. But the brakes are very loud.
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 15:24

I have 3G 10 Groove Discs all round

Clicky

\:\)
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 15:30

You can have the grooves facing in either direction, but there is a "gentle" orientation and an "agressive"

The best way is to have the disc so that the first section of groove to touch the pad is the bit nearest the centre of the disc - therefore, the last section of the groove in contact with the disc is at the outer edge

Graphically, if you're looking at the right hand front wheel, the grooves (at the top and bottom of the disc) should look like \ \ and not / /

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 15:37

That means the direction of Tartandude is correct?
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 16:09

Originally Posted By: steaven

Yes

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 16:26

Originally Posted By: Nigel
 Originally Posted By: steaven

Yes

Phew \:D

It is still notably noisier braking with this setup compared with standard disc and pads, but then I would expect it to be. Im using Red Dot Fast Road Pads as well incase that makes a difference \:\)

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 16:50

Discs are handed by their internal veins, not any external grooves.

If the two halves of a disc are seperated by pegs then it doesn't matter, you can put them on whichever way you want.

If they are seperated by helical vanes then it is important to get them the correct way, the theory is this: The air is sucked in at the centre of the disc and thrown out of the perimeter, so you put them on accordingly.

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 17:13

/\learn something new every day \:\)

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 17:23

Originally Posted By: Gralecoupe
Discs are handed by their internal veins, not any external grooves.

If the two halves of a disc are seperated by pegs then it doesn't matter, you can put them on whichever way you want.

If they are seperated by helical vanes then it is important to get them the correct way, the theory is this: The air is sucked in at the centre of the disc and thrown out of the perimeter, so you put them on accordingly.

They work thats all I know \:D
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Grooved disk problem - 09/04/2008 23:11

My pagid discs are the opposite way to tartandudes but they came with stickers on them telling me what side to fit them ?

I guess it depends on the manufacturer.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK