Fiat Coupe Club UK

powerflex mod

Posted By: Anonymous

powerflex mod - 14/09/2008 23:04

Hi fitting powerflex bushes to new wishbones and hear of a mod to stop the bushes being pushed out under breaking has anyone got photos or info of how to do this mod?
Thanks Jon
Posted By: Nigel

Re: powerflex mod - 16/09/2008 08:20

never heard of the bushes being pushed out under braking

It took fourteen elephants and a double-decker bus on top of mine to get them in, so I don't think jumping on the anchors is going to get them to come out

Re: powerflex mod - 16/09/2008 08:33

Yes I had this problem but not from breaking it was from running the kerbs too hard at silverstone (its the best way), I pressed it back into the right spot and then squashed the steel clamp together a bit. If it happens again I will try and get some second hand alfa 155/146 etc wishbones, they had an aluminium sleeve instead of the fiat pressed steel sleeve. Its the shape of the inner diameter of the pressed steel item that allows the bush to push through - but you have to be going some to move them.

rich
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: powerflex mod - 16/09/2008 09:13

What Barbz did to my wishbones was drill and tap a small hole in the front bush mounting point, you can then fit a washer and bolt on the end of the front bush to prevent it slipping off the wishbone.

Re: powerflex mod - 16/09/2008 12:44

Thats the one jimbo, i'm getting a knocking on accelerating and brakeing, and can see that the front bush on the drivers side wishbone is being pushed out! i'm hopeing that's causeing it, i'm overhauling the suspension and fitting new wishbones with poybushes and wanted to know how to do the mod, any photos would be still be great! so i can see exactly where to put the bolt, size of washer etc!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: powerflex mod - 16/09/2008 14:44

The bolt goes dead centre in the forward bush mounting point (the metal bit you push the poly bush on to on the wishbone) the washer is large enough to cover the end of the poly bush.
Barbz used an allen head bolt to do this conversion.

Pictures are a bit impossible with the wishbones on the car \:\(
Posted By: mattB

Re: powerflex mod - 16/09/2008 15:41

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/bryce_matthew/?action=view¤t=DSCN0830.jpg

Not exactly the right angle but that's the best one I have saved.

Re: powerflex mod - 16/09/2008 18:05

Cheers guys that does help!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK