Fiat Coupe Club UK

Anyone tried this??

Posted By: Anonymous

Anyone tried this?? - 16/09/2008 23:45

Anyone tried removing the front anti-roll bar? Alot of the Pulsar guys do it, and alot of the serious track FWD guys too, as it promotes understeer. Just wondering if anyone has any results?
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Anyone tried this?? - 16/09/2008 23:56

Interesting concept, what suspension setup do the Pular guys then use.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Anyone tried this?? - 17/09/2008 09:22

I've driven around for a while with one side of the front anti-roll bar not connected and it was horrible. The car rolled a lot more and felt unstable
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Anyone tried this?? - 17/09/2008 09:43

It will promote oversteer if anything.

Remember the Pulsar is 4WD so it will affect it differently to the FWD coupe.
You'd have to go stiff on the front springs to compensate for the lack of roll bar.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Anyone tried this?? - 17/09/2008 12:51

I agree, the car would nose-dive into corners - you'd probably end up with the rear inside wheel in the air all the time.

You would also get terminal oversteer, just by moving the steering wheel - God knows what would happen if you lifted off mid-corner (well, actually, everyone knows what would happen....)

Re: Anyone tried this?? - 17/09/2008 15:58

I unknowlingly drove around in my MR2 with the front ARB disconnected from one side for about 3 weeks (well it came off the chassis, not the wheel).

It handled terribly plus made an awfull banging noise.

Re: Anyone tried this?? - 17/09/2008 17:28

I dont mean rip it off and leave it.
I mean on a stiff track car, coilovers, hard springs.
I'm gonna fab up some compression struts and see what difference it makes. Will also post up any results of the geometry changes.

County cruising: Mate of mine just took it off his pulsar, has coilovers. Having driven several, on and off track i have to say i prefer it. The back is more willing to come out if you throw it into corners, but it is by no means bad.
Not sure how it will fare on a FWD car with a heavy engine, but thats the point, i'll find out \:D

Re: Anyone tried this?? - 20/09/2008 07:17

Originally Posted By: SteevH
Anyone tried removing the front anti-roll bar? Alot of the Pulsar guys do it, and alot of the serious track FWD guys too, as it promotes understeer. Just wondering if anyone has any results?

Coops understeer enough, why would you want to make it worse?

Re: Anyone tried this?? - 21/09/2008 11:56

Originally Posted By: Spee
 Originally Posted By: SteevH

Coops understeer enough, why would you want to make it worse?

No i mean the ARB promotes understeer. Hence removal of it ;\)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK