Fiat Coupe Club UK

Will this kit work on my car?

Posted By: Anonymous

Will this kit work on my car? - 22/09/2008 09:52

http://www.evolutionr.co.uk/index.php?product_id=28621&option=Prod_detail&category_id=12687

I know it appears a bit cheap, but several people over on Alfaowner have these kits fitted to 156's with very good results.

Will this kit fit my 20VT or will the spring/damper rates be badly miss matched due to the cars weight?

Simon.
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 22/09/2008 10:05

that's a very good price

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 22/09/2008 18:21

It is a good price thats why I was curious. \:\)
My coupe needs some modifications in the suspension department but there are not massive amounts of funds available at the moment.

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 22/09/2008 20:29

i've heard the rear of the bravo damper wont fit the Marea, now i can only assume that means it wont fit the Coupe either? whic his really odd as they are all ment to have the same subframe!

the fronts will be fine though \:\)

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 23/09/2008 22:26

I did some research on this and apparently the rear dampers will fit.

It was the spring rates that I was interested in as although it appears they will fit, the coupe is a bit heavier than the bravo, especially up front.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 24/09/2008 13:51

The fronts on a Bravo use totally different spring mountings and the hub bolts have a different spacing between bolts.
I'd check on them before spending.

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 24/09/2008 18:48

Thanks for that Jimbo.
It doesn't actually look like the strut tops and mounts are included, but that still leaves the hub bolts wrong.

I don't think I will bother anyway as lowering my car 40mm will make it a nightmare over those stupid pyramid speed humps.

I think will keep the standard springs and uprate the dampers.

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 24/09/2008 20:25

Yep, the springs will also be a different shape at the top due to the different top mount.

Billys and standard springs \:\)

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 24/09/2008 22:27

How is that going to handle Jimbo?

At the moment I am struggling big time around the twisties. The car understeers big time.

Although the ride isn't bad and I cant feel any floatyness that you get with worn dampers. \:\?

I have replaced all the other parts of the suspension BTW, like wishbones drop links strut top bearings etc, but the car just doesn't inspire confidence in the corners.
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 25/09/2008 13:40

im also intrested....as i realy do have a bravo HGT!!

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 25/09/2008 16:00

If you are looking for a budget solution to reduce understeer, replace the rear dampers witha a set of KYB Gas Adjusts. They use to be about £30 each. The ride will be harder in the rear but maybe a worthwhile compromise for you.

As a direct replacement rear shcok KYB Excel G's are also highly recommended.

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 25/09/2008 16:54

I saw those shocks on Buypartsby, are they an easy fit?

Cheers,
Simon.

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 25/09/2008 17:13

What tyres do you have on the front Simon ?

It shouldn't understeer unless you really push it. The Billys and standard springs is the best riding kit you can go for, add an uprated antiroll bar for flatter cornering and you'll have a great set up.

Come and see me at my new house in Brize village and I'll help you fit it all. I'm not back until Saturday mind you and I'll be moving in the house over the weekend \:\)

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 25/09/2008 17:22

Originally Posted By: symonh2000
I saw those shocks on Buypartsby, are they an easy fit?

Cheers,
Simon.

Yep very easy.

Jimbo's right though, Billes and standard springs , give the best ride comfort.

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 25/09/2008 19:45

Thanks for the help guys.

Jimbo I have Falkens on the front and Hankooks on the rear. If anything I would have expected that setup to oversteer, as the rear tyres are quite a bit older.

I do have a slight steering problem at the moment which isn't doing my handling any favours. The PAS pump is faulty and I am getting maximum power assistance all of the time. This ruins the steering feel somewhat, and ruins my confidence in the corners. I have another pump to go on when I get the time. I also need to get the tracking done as the edge of one of my tyres is wearing faster than the rest.

Jimbo I will have to pop over and see you when you get back. I haven't bought any suspension parts yet, though. They will have to wait until I have a few more funds available. I have just had to pay for a holiday in the far east. ;\) I also need to get a couple of other jobs done, like getting some more tyres.

Simon.
Posted By: Per

Re: Will this kit work on my car? - 27/09/2008 18:21

I have Falkens on my Argenta and they are the slippiest tires I've ever driven..
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK