Fiat Coupe Club UK

What are these Coilovers?

Posted By: Anonymous

What are these Coilovers? - 18/12/2008 12:02

Hi mates

Im about to buy these FK Coilovers, ebay

Anyone could say which type it is from the pic? I don’t think that the seller knows, so I said maybe someone here knows. they seems to be used for long time but i think they could work. ideas mates?
Posted By: DaveG

Re: What are these Coilovers? - 18/12/2008 12:56

Well they haven't been looked after very well, the threaded part that the adjusting rings move over looks well rusty, and there's no mention of the adjusting spanners (2 off)? The original kit comes withj a can of silicon spray (or similar) to "protect" the coilover, looks like it's not been used \:\( The top mounting hole (ie: nearest the key on the floor, what's that there for?) does not look slotted like mine is, so I don't know what the seller means by "camber adjustable" From the position of the adjusters they look like they are set very low, you might find it's too low for you, you need to make sure you can move the adjusters. Ask the seller what the markings are on the springs, the larger ones should say FK 1768 for example.

Re: What are these Coilovers? - 18/12/2008 13:44

thanks for reply dave, i find them too rusty too but they are the only ones for sale. i have asked the seller on the type and spring rate but he doenst know any thing about them. he would sell them as is! anyway, lets see im still not 100% convinced to get them. maybe i have to wait more longer and get something better.

Cheers

Re: What are these Coilovers? - 18/12/2008 15:27

The springs look relatively clean (they are plastic coated) and the "FK" number should be visible, ask the seller. Is that your £50 bid? Cost to ship to Qatar could be a lot \:o

Re: What are these Coilovers? - 19/12/2008 10:08

ok i will give it a shot & no its not my bid yet..
dont worry mate i have a uk address ;\)
Posted By: RusH

Re: What are these Coilovers? - 19/12/2008 10:16

Have a read further down the Handling section about FK Coilovers.

They don't receive great reviews TBH.

Re: What are these Coilovers? - 19/12/2008 12:03

I was looking at them myself. The owner obviously wants to put something different on his car, so maybe they're not as good as he says.

Re: What are these Coilovers? - 19/12/2008 12:10

Seller says he needs the cash to pay for head gasket, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter, it's whether you want them that counts, I'm hoping to improve my FK's by fitting Bravo top mounts, I'd prefer to hang on to the FK's rather than add Billies to the Eibachs I already have in reserve...

Re: What are these Coilovers? - 19/12/2008 13:58

thanks mates,,,tbh im using the car only for track use, so i think the FK would be sufficient for my use. i think i will wait a bit more maybe i could get something better here. cheers mates

Re: What are these Coilovers? - 19/12/2008 14:20

haha i was goin gto bid on these lol

change of mind now!

good luck! they look good just need a clean up!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK