Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread )

Posted By: Anonymous

Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 06/03/2013 17:46

Discussion / help thread.

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 07/03/2013 08:55

Good luck coops.... there's plenty of info on here...and lots of help from owners, good luck laugh

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 08/03/2013 12:22

Previous owner here, really hope you can do it mate. Will be some sweat an tears, probably a few choice words.. but will be worth it!

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 08/03/2013 15:07

Don't tell me that!!!

I'll get some pics posted on the weekend. Back half of interior out already and I have put a few holes through the bodywork with a screw driver. Hopefully front bumper and one of the corners coming off this weekend..
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 08/03/2013 15:35

Nice to see another Coupe getting some TLC.

If you need any help, advice or parts I'm over in Bromyard thumb
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 08/03/2013 15:40

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=793661&page=1

Check my thread out. Not to dissimilar situation. I bought mine for £400 in 2009 and the journey began.

Good luck.

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 08/03/2013 15:54

I've probably missed which Coupe you've bought (probably due to my age crazy ). Any problems you have will be sorted out by this forum.... good luck!

Tim

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 08/03/2013 16:31

Good luck coops.

I'm not mechanically skilled but I can do almost any job that needs doing if I'm told how to and this forum has proved invaluable, the guys on here are a fantastic help and there are plenty how to's to help.

I have a project going at the moment with VERY little money, and that was only meant to be a straight engine replacement, and then I started reading through the projects topic and that was it, laugh so be careful or you never know how far you will go with it laugh
Posted By: Burbum123

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 09/03/2013 18:12

Car was a steal at that price interior alone worth quite abit good luck

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 11/03/2013 11:55

Offside was the one that whacked a curb.. so might be a little interesting in there. IIRC that was all replaced afterwards.

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 11/03/2013 13:56

Interesting is a good choice of word. It does seem to be the worst corner. Looks like all wishbones are original. The offside ( Interesting ) side is by far the worst for corrosion. I have not as yet got the hub off but have removed the shock. I am hoping that the subframe is not damaged, bent /interesting. What speed were you doing when you hit the curb? was it head on or a side hit? It really is quite shocking how bad the shocks are the nearside is missing it's bump stop. It now has new shocks, wishbones, ARB's and track rod ends to go on but I will have to pay the subframe some attention and check it is ok first.

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 13/03/2013 10:55

I probably was doing 30-40 an hit a curb stone head on. So the suspension would have wacked straight up at speed!

I was on a dual carriage in the dark, pulling into what I through was a lay-by, except it only had a narrow entrance, and a curb strip dividing it from the road. Scared the shit out of me as I was slowing down, expecting to pull up soon to check my map!
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 13/03/2013 12:07

Perf, can I remind you to post on this thread for comments on Coops project please

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 20/03/2013 10:35

Pardon? I don't quite understand what you just said.
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 20/03/2013 10:38

I think he means that you posted on a project thread and not the Discussion Thread.

Re: Coops Coupe ( Discussion thread ) - 24/03/2013 10:55

Hey Coops, busy packing up my life for my move south...guess what, i've found the blue key!

PM me your address and i'll pop it in the post if you like smile
Posted By: skeandubh

Re: Coops Coupe ( Restoration thread ) - 26/03/2013 21:53

There are two mountings at the top (not shown) and the bottom has one plastic spacer (shown in pic) which is only attached to the chassis and not the cooler.

It looks like the plastic spacer and the air duct stop the cooler from flapping around, and to be honest mine didn't have much movement. All mounts etc are as per original Fiat install.

If you need more info/photos let me know. By the way its an 1998 LE.

Photo from side of cooler

Re: Coops Coupe ( Restoration thread ) - 27/03/2013 07:31

Cool, thanks for the pic. My leg had lost the rubber and folded in on itself where the rubber would have been......

Makes sense now..

Re: Coops Coupe ( Restoration thread ) - 27/05/2013 22:00

Oh noes! Have you given up with my old girl?

Re: Coops Coupe ( Restoration thread ) - 28/05/2013 15:31

She was just to far gone, She had sills like a German dam and the floor had more holes than a colander. Then there was the rust in the boot, the inner wings, the hole's in the bulkhead, the secret rust hidden by the sunroof, the rusty inner of the passenger door, the oil cooler that let go as soon as I touched it, the bumper legs that had rotted off, and the remains of many a poor animal hidden in the engine bay..

She will live on though as nicely blasted and painted parts for my new one.

Hows life in the big smoke going?

Re: Coops Coupe ( Restoration thread ) - 07/06/2013 16:57

Well I am genuinely sorry about that, I really hoped to buy her back all fixed up in a few years time! wink

Life is good, started working for American Express just this week, so being flooded with information far from my farming background!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK