Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion

Posted By: Anonymous

Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 07/03/2013 12:50

Feel free to help/or comment here for this :

Wills Project Thread
Posted By: nick_d

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 12/03/2013 20:44

Nice focal speakers!!
One thing, if that is how you mounted the tweeter on top off the original tweeter grills? If so you may want a re-think.... I've got my Polk audio tweeters in a very similar position and the treble is really in you face.... Have to back the treble off loads, and am I right in thinking you've put coaxials in the front doors or are the focal tweets part of component system? If coaxials you don't really need those tweeters where they are, you'd be better off re routing them to maybe the rear corners in back of car??
Just my opinion..... It may sound Sublime, & probably does, if so tell me to 'Do One'..
laugh

Nick

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 25/03/2013 14:58

!I'd never tell a fellow petrol head to do one!

Erm, check out my new post, youre right, I might re route them but to behonest even after a basic set uo on the amp im not getting what you describe?
Posted By: french_coupe

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 27/03/2013 14:42

In the pics for the battery in the boot section there is a connector block for all of the original positive feeds. You have mounted this on the inner wing where the battery used to fit. I need one of these connectors. Do you know what they are called and where can I get one from?

Looking forward to see more pics of your project.Its looking good. From the pics it looks like the paint job was pretty good. The car looks nice.

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 27/03/2013 18:14

Hi mate(sorry i don t know your name)

Its just called a Distribution block in english. If youre using the correct cable , so 0 or 2 gauge/awg. Either ring caraudiodirect who have known me for years and say Mark who's always grabbing battery to boot bits told me to ring you as i need a 0 awg distribution block, and theyll give you a discount or free post or something. Speak to Colin, he's a good lad has saved literally hundreds of quid to me even though we dont have a contract with them.
Posted By: french_coupe

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 28/03/2013 05:31

Bluey,

Thanks for that. I will get one ordered. I am not moving the battery, but the clamps are knackered so I want to replace them, but as there are several connections to the positive terminal it will be much easier to use the connection block as you have done.

Frazer

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 30/10/2013 17:28

Lots of bits done to her now, have a look at the project page. Some new parts too..very exciting!! She runs for the first time in 7 months!!!

Big thanks to everyone once again.

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 03/11/2013 06:55

you should never fit the turbo to manifold gasket.
Remove this or not only will it fail shortly but you risk distorting the turbo flange if it does start blowing.

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 09/11/2013 16:31

Appreciate the advice John, ive removed it. They are a standard part on some cars though, i wonder why they would have one and others not. Wierd.

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 12/11/2013 18:24

Nice progress.

How much did the power flex bushes set you back?
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 25/11/2013 13:14

All looks really good bluey smile
Hopefully the bike accident has not set you back too much?

Re: Silverststorm (Wills) 20VT Project discussion - 30/04/2014 14:49

Hey guys, not very interesting but after a year in storage im going to finish sorting my coupe out. Ive got 1000 put aside already. The only thing it needs off the bat are 2 rear tyres. Discs and pads all round, an induction set up, and to work out why it has intermittant power loss and is running very rich.

Craig - Apologies for not noticing the post, well we get them at work at discount, around 20odd percent off. If you ever want any let me know.

Brilly- Apologies for the delay, still got a hideous back from the accident but other than that im fine, just a shame the Coupe had to be put away for a bit.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK