Fiat Coupe Club UK

Almost Twin Porto's Project

Posted By: Blueboyracer

Almost Twin Porto's Project - 28/01/2016 20:53

I caught the Coupe bug a fair few years ago when my bruvva from another muvva bought an Inky 20VT and I quickly followed suit by buying a Red 1996 20VT with white stripes and a cheap dump valve frown which it became clear wasn't very good at all and had terminal engine issues and several body work problems. Watching Red being taking away on a tow truck I swore I would get another and never let that happen again.

Last year I bought a Porto (Apr) 1997 20VT in great condition but with (as usual with Coupes) plenty of potential to restore/improve things - I have started work with this winters list.

1. Refurb/Remanuf Turbo
2. Replace Aux Belts and Tensioners
3. Replace Aircon pump
4. Replace Front Discs, Pads and brake pipes
5. Refurb brembo calipers

However, an opportunity arose mid completion to acquire another Porto (Apr) 1997 20V along with the remains of a slightly later Porto 20VT donor car. I could not resist even though the NA was a runner it would need quite a lot of work to get back on the road in good condition.

I have managed to get room on my mother-in-laws small holding in Norfolk to build a garage big enough to work on two cars and building has started and the cars are on their way.

This weekend will see me complete the winter list on my 20VT even if it has grown to replacing numerous pipes, fixings and rust protection, then I will be using it as a daily runner for a bit.

The fun can then begin on breaking down the donor car and starting work on the NA.

Bring on the Almost Porto Twins, Yay!!
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Almost Twin Porto's Project - 04/02/2016 09:37

The garage build has started and it has grown somewhat in size to 24 foot square.

Part one of the shuttering went down a couple of weekends ago and more timber bought from local auction Yay!!

click to enlarge click to enlarge
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK