Fiat Coupe Club UK

Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion

Posted By: Trappy

Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 23/07/2020 18:15

Advice, comments, suggestions and ideas all welcome smile
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 22/09/2021 10:01

Nice to read it's still coming along, but taking the dashboard out was a complete and utter a**e laugh

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 22/09/2021 14:53

Originally Posted by Begbie
Nice to read it's still coming along, but taking the dashboard out was a complete and utter a**e laugh

I forgot to mention that the dash fell to bits in the process. Now it's out though, at least it's easy top see how the bleeding thing is supposed to come out. I've got ideas on re-fitting a new one while the car is having a glass-out respray.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 23/09/2021 19:20

[quote=Trappy]Advice, comments, suggestions and ideas all welcome smile[/quote

Don't take the dash out!

Based on what I learnt through Begbie's thread and seeing other folks cage fitting and then my own cage fitting. It can be done very neatly without dash removal. But I never achieved that! But many French lads have.

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 24/09/2021 09:13

Originally Posted by Trappy
Originally Posted by Begbie

I forgot to mention that the dash fell to bits in the process. Now it's out though, at least it's easy top see how the bleeding thing is supposed to come out. I've got ideas on re-fitting a new one while the car is having a glass-out respray.

I would do that if I was you, as having the glass in I couldn't quite get the dash back in properly and had to trim some metal to be able to get the vent on the dashboard back onto the heater
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 30/12/2021 17:11

Hats-off to welders in general, a "heavy" art which requires a fair degree of delicacy cool

Yes Ryan, who would have thought when these were younger and sounder that present owners would require to learn the ability to shrug off delay after setback.... smile

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 18/01/2022 09:46

Nice work!
Horrifying to think what goes on under there, yours looks as if it was attacked by a shoal of piranhas shocked

How many days' welding is that roughly?

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 18/01/2022 11:59

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Nice work!
Horrifying to think what goes on under there, yours looks as if it was attacked by a shoal of piranhas shocked

How many days' welding is that roughly?

Exactly. What originally looked like a bit of surface rust from inside the boot turned out to be 'nothing but rust'...

For the inner sills, boot floor and wheel tubs, it totalled around eight day's worth I believe. Even adding in the outer sills, wheel arches, engine bay and inner wings, I think you're still in front for total days wink

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 18/01/2022 14:31

Q. What is least preferable for a coupé's longevity?

i) immersion in a tankful of piranhas
ii) a couple of winters outside in Scotland

Discuss...

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 21/06/2022 09:43

Great work Ryan and Joe smile

Re: Project Snoopy - Trappy's 20v Turbo: Discussion - 25/07/2022 12:57

Loving the work being done on the cage and do like the slash idea laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK