Fiat Coupe Club UK

Interbank Transfers and increased security checks

Posted By: Punto16VT

Interbank Transfers and increased security checks - 29/10/2020 13:16

Hi All,

just to add a little warning, trying to add a new payee to my NatWest/RBoS account requires the account holder name to be closely or accurately specified, and Business/Personal to be selected. My recent renewal reminder didn't include those details, so I am awaiting confirmation via PM, but I thought it a good idea to publicise the fact. NatWest online banking has the irritating habit of putting up multiple "Scan Warning" popups requiring confirmation at every step in the process, even stupidly for inter-account transfers within my account portfolio!

Please be advised.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Interbank Transfers and increased security checks - 29/10/2020 14:55

This is to protect the bank, by ticking confirm you're happy should anything go wrong you agreed to still continue with the transaction, Lloyds and Barclays excatly the same Tim.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Interbank Transfers and increased security checks - 29/10/2020 15:38

I have changed the wording of the reminder email and PM to show the account name : Fiat Coupe Club UK I will sort out the "Join the club " text later.

Thanks for pointing this out Tim

Re: Interbank Transfers and increased security checks - 01/11/2020 09:55

Originally Posted by Countrycruising
This is to protect the bank, by ticking confirm you're happy should anything go wrong you agreed to still continue with the transaction, Lloyds and Barclays excatly the same Tim.

I'm well aware of the rationale, having had a career as an independent IT Networking Contractor and worked at many of the High Street Banks. I'm just annoyed by the lack of thought put into the implementation. Especially that I might be "scamming" myself when transferring between my accounts at the same Bank. laugh

Originally Posted by PeteP
I have changed the wording of the reminder email and PM to show the account name : Fiat Coupe Club UK I will sort out the "Join the club " text later.

Thanks for pointing this out Tim

Oddly, I had tried "Fiat Coupe Club UK" and "Business" type account (since PayPal seems to have classed the account as such), but that failed the NatWest verification checks?

Re: Interbank Transfers and increased security checks - 01/11/2020 10:07

If I remember correctly it's a community type of account. Its 12 years since I set it up so I may be wrong there.

Re: Interbank Transfers and increased security checks - 01/11/2020 12:26

Originally Posted by PeteP
If I remember correctly it's a community type of account. Its 12 years since I set it up so I may be wrong there.

I'll give that (Personal) a whirl and see what gives. Thanks, Pete.

Re: Interbank Transfers and increased security checks - 01/11/2020 12:33

Sorry, but no.

"Check payee details
Image a cross on a red circle It's not a match
Full name Fiat Coupe Club UK
Your payee details are not confirmed. That's because there's a different name registered for this account number and sort code. This puts you at risk of being scammed. Contact the payee using a telephone number that you know and trust to get the details for this account.
Important information on scams You could still be at risk of being scammed Variations in account details raised in the verification check could signal criminal activity.
Sort code 30-90-09 LLOYDS BANK PLC
Account number 03096971
Account type Personal account"

If you have a cheque book, what is printed on it?

Re: Interbank Transfers and increased security checks - 01/11/2020 15:58

Looking at a debit card it actually says Fiat Coupe Car Club UK and it's a business account.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK