Fiat Coupe Club UK

11th June Classic & Sports Action Day

Posted By: Anonymous

11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 21/05/2011 17:20

11th June is the Classic & Sports Car Action Day at Castle Combe.. Great day out for the family and those wishing to buy track time can do so on the Castle Combe web site.
I won't be taking the coop out this time but I will be on the wifes club stand. If anyone wants to join us we do have a few spare tickets which will gain you free entre.. First come first served so PM me with your name and address. This will save you £10 on the day and admits one car and driver..

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 22/05/2011 13:56

I might take the porker along to gain some exposure and give out leaflets, so might see you there?
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 08/06/2011 11:16

PM'd Steve smile
Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 08/06/2011 12:08

I have decided to come along, just to watch. I've not been along to an action day before (have always chosen to avoid them actually!). smile

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 08/06/2011 12:19

If you get chance Dave, pop over and say hi, i'm now booked in with the Porsche as a trade stand

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 08/06/2011 12:38

Ok, will do wave

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 08/06/2011 13:31

PM replied cool Also one for Dave cool

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 08/06/2011 13:49

I'll be along for the day - going to book some track time as the car feels like stretching it's legs after Spa last weekend!

Thanks to Steve for the ticket offer thumb

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 10/06/2011 14:16

Forecast is meant to be dry and sunny!! cool Love seeing the old Classic's, should be a good day out.

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 10/06/2011 14:18

Ive been eyeing up the forecast too hoping the waterproof gazebo wont need to be tested!

Where will you be?

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 11/06/2011 06:32

Area Y mate. Just behind the bar cool Looking outside I see lovely blue sky..

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 11/06/2011 09:28

Yep, tis indeed. Were all setup, just opposite the tavern!

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 11/06/2011 09:56

See you guys later, at work just at the moment. Thanks again for the tickets Fullpint. cool

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 11/06/2011 16:24

Didn't see you Dave?

Great day at Combe, car did another hour on track, but my curse with video continues. First session, camera moves as soon as I booted it and filmed the roof for 20 minutes, second session should be ok but I think the battery on my camera died on the third.

Still, blagged myself a ride out in this -

click to enlarge

one owner from new, 19k miles, V6 3 litre. As an 80's child, this was a blast from my childhood smile Sounded great howling up avon rise at 90, although the handling makes the coop look like an F1 car. Those leaf springs shocked

Now hurry up Leighton and get those vids transferred off DV tapes. Spa and now Combe!!

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 11/06/2011 19:43

Cracking weather and some great Classic cars on show.
Took the coupe out just for the one session which was great. I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Took a few car's out. It was my best ever session, enjoyed it big-time. Just need to sort my self out with some sticky rubber.. Dan's Federal's look to be a good choice. Btw Sandy said thanks for coming.. Not sure what happened to all our othe Cento-rebels frown

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 11/06/2011 21:53

Hi guys,

Sorry, one time we came to look for you and found you were out on track so watched you out there (very fast). Then, I was out passengering with the Caterhams, then later we came to look for you, saw both Coops parked up near the tavern (looking good) but no sign of either of you? By 3.30/4 we were done watching from the bank above Camp so wondered back but guessing you had left by then?

Spoke to Mark though, good to see the sports car hire was getting some interest mate.

We were surprised how quiet the track sessions seemed to be in the afternoon, guessing most people were out in the morning?

Cheers, Dave and Beth

Re: 11th June Classic & Sports Action Day - 12/06/2011 10:21

Sorry we missed you Dave, I guess you popped over just after noon then? We were both on track then. I think I left just before 3 so again just missed you.. confused Had to get back for the dog.. It's a long for her to be left in the kitchen with crossed legs smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK