Fiat Coupe Club UK

Curborough Top gear theme..

Posted By: chrissy

Curborough Top gear theme.. - 04/06/2011 10:39

I had a blast @ Curborough when we went a few weeks back.

So I was thinking, how fun would a fun day in the style of the Topgear task?

Totally for example, and ideas a must as mine are limited,..

Bring along a banger BOUGHT by you just for the day, TAxed and tested, You would have swapped insurance for the day to thet particular car,

Points for the oldest car
Points for the biggest engine,
Points for the fastest time,
Points for other things etc??

I know asking to fork out for a car is a big deal, but cars can be VERY cheap £50-75,

They can then be sold on to recover money,

Random I know - but I would have a scream in a 1980 Granada 2.8! A hilarious day surely?

For numbers, iot could be open to the coops also, and forum generally??

Anyone, Or am I on my own planet - where people actually understand me..

Chrissy
Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Re: Curborough Top gear theme.. - 04/06/2011 12:00

LOL, sounds interesting, however, sensible head on...

Not sure that I'd want to spend my cash on this when I could spend the same amount (assuming I had some money rolleyes ) on tyres for the Caterham to try to make sure I could stay ahead of Nigel!

Would Curborough be happy with us thrashing around thier nice pieces of tarmac in potentially oily/overheating old sheds? laugh

Your very nice Seat didn't last the day so not sure how an old shed would do, then I'd be stranded hours from home. Granted the car would probably survive as long as Leighton didn't get his hands on the keys tongue laugh.

I'll pass on this one, much as it sounds a laugh, would definately be up for another Curborough day though. cool

Re: Curborough Top gear theme.. - 04/06/2011 15:01

It was just a pipe-dream......

A real curborough day it is then..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Curborough Top gear theme.. - 08/06/2011 09:16

Would be up for a day at Curborough myself. Missed the last one as car was stranded 200 miles from my house and needs a fair bit of work. She is now outside my house and will be starting the work in the next few days. Waiting for a new brake servo to turn up before I can start. Nothing would stop me next time.

Re: Curborough Top gear theme.. - 08/06/2011 09:26

I said that, and killed my clutch!,

Chrissy

Re: Curborough Top gear theme.. - 08/06/2011 09:41

I would be coming with a mate of mine who is a good mechanic. He will make sure she is in good condition before the day starts. If the engine cooks then not much can be done that day. Will be able to get by with many things though.

Just need to work out which spares to take smile

Re: Curborough Top gear theme.. - 08/06/2011 16:39

A S.....Senator?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK