Fiat Coupe Club UK

Focused events - what's happening there then?

Posted By: MattM

Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 21:38

I got a voucher for Christmas entitling me to £100 off a Focused events track day - brilliant I thought, they aren't the best organised events but certainly have a good selection. Well, they don't have a good selection this year at all, I think I've only seen 3 advertised and they were all at Donnington.

Anyone know what's going on?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 22:00

Its almost as if fate decides that you take me on again laugh
Prepare to lose my friend.

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 22:09

Might have a minor issue with the 350bhp defecit I have! But I'll take you on Cartlidge!

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 22:13

Originally Posted By: MattM
Might have a minor issue with the 350bhp defecit I have! But I'll take you on Cartlidge!

Matt, are you going to push it round... I'll take the off side smile ; less muddy!

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 22:37

I've noticed there prices have gone up a lot this year as well.
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 23:00

It wouldn't surprise me that many tracks are responding to feedback they've received from people attending trackdays about the organisers, so they in turn aren't releasing so many dates to Focused Events.

The big fellow running the days sure doesn't have many friends from what I hear at track days!!

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 23:10

Morgan my cars broke.
But your in luck as I do have a spare coupe to take on the challenge.
300bhp with stock suspension brakes and tyres.obviously I will have the weight advantage love and you'll have the sun on your shoulders blabla bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie biglaugh biglaugh biglaugh

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 23:23

Originally Posted By: johnnybravoturbo

Morgan my cars broke.
300bhp with stock suspension brakes and tyres.obviously I will have the weight advantage love and you'll have the sun on your shoulders blabla bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie bowtie biglaugh biglaugh biglaugh
laugh

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 23:24

Morgan my cars broke.

I will destroy you johnny mincemeat.

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 23:27

I can't wait for the next track day, I should have some terror power by then laugh

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 03/07/2012 23:31

Morgan my cars broke.

I will destroy you johnny mincemeat.

The only thing you can destroy is " man vs food"
The ladies don't call you driftwood for nothing. shocked

Very soon around 5 clicks south south east of your current location you'll experience more defeat .

Porky your car will be nothing compared to the "terror" or marriage.
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 04/07/2012 13:38

laugh

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 04/07/2012 13:41

I used these the other week to go to donnington, and on the most part they were fine.

The price was very good for donnington (£155 OPL at the time), and to be fair they are still the cheapest, and possibly the only people advertising donny before oct/nov on the net. Albeit thats all they seem to have.

The guy running the event was not a 'big fellow' (but cant remember his name) and was helpful in all my enquiries

My only real gripe throughout the day, was;

1. (not really focused events fault) i booked a garage, but when i arrived the garged they had allocated had be occupied by one of the club members (there was a club meet the folloing day) and they had a radical in pieces in it (so difficult to shift them). The organiser sorted this out quite swiftly by getting me another garage. (and tbh as long as i got what i paid for i wasnt bothered which one it was)

2. After a wet day, and a fair few red flags (mostly MSA club drivers going off and kicking debris onto the track etc). late in the day i had a boost issue and managed to pull the car to a safe coned area of the track, when the marshel called for the tow truck i heard the other end say 'im inclined not the stop the track due the amount of red flags already'!! this would of lft me stranded for the last hour or so, but luckily with the car in a safe place i was able to remedy the problem and limp back to the pits.

Other than that i had a good day.

word of advise, take both parts of your driving license! they are the only poeple ive heard of that do this, and they may charge you for contacting the DVLA (according to the intinery)

Ninja

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 05/07/2012 15:22

Originally Posted By: Hovedan
It wouldn't surprise me that many tracks are responding to feedback they've received from people attending trackdays about the organisers, so they in turn aren't releasing so many dates to Focused Events.

The big fellow running the days sure doesn't have many friends from what I hear at track days!!

I agree with this. First day I did with them (Mallory) was pretty good, but the last two have been poor. Too many cars, aggressive briefing, poor driving standards, and at the last one (Donington) he even changed his mind about which side we should overtake on (said on the right in the briefing, which people questioned) and then had to go around and tell people differently immediately before opening the track! Will not be using them again.
Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Re: Focused events - what's happening there then? - 06/07/2012 11:12

I agree completely Neal, in fact that last day we did at Donington put Beth off driving on track for a year. Isn't it about time you updated your signature and wrote a little piece in other cars Neal? wink
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK