Fiat Coupe Club UK

Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb

Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 30/12/2015 10:29

Hi All,

I've booked this trackday at Castle Combe on Saturday 20th of Feb with BHP for £179: Here

It's not often that weekend open pit lane days crop up here (Castle Combe now run 'semi' open pit) and BHP are decent operators, having attended a few of their days last year.

Would be good to see you there. smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 30/12/2015 21:10

Will probably have a track car by then, but I'm on holiday that week rolleyes Let me know when you book some more cool

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 30/12/2015 22:00

That's a shame mate; I'm at Snetterton and Oulton in January but both are Marshalls only days (going with an employee who's a Marshall). Once MSV have announced dates we will be booking a drift day at Oulton which should be fun, will let yourself and Suba know as it's good rwd practice.
I'll get cracking and arrange something at Curborough, hope to see you then.
Posted By: Sean_C

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 02/01/2016 17:15

Dave, what's the deal with these drift days then. I need a lot of RWD practice aswell smile
Is there proper tuition available ? Or is it like DWYB at Santa Pod ?
Maybe you can be my intructor smile

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 03/01/2016 19:15

Here's a couple of clips I found: Youtube

onboard

It's a low friction surface that they keep wet, therefore speeds are low and you don't need to fill the back of your car with old tyres. Happy to help where I can, I'm no drifting expert but have confidence to get the back out here and there wink
Instructors are available, no dates published yet though MSV

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 04/01/2016 13:03

The new track car has been purchased... 200bhp supercharged MX5. So I shall definitely be up for Oulton.

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 04/01/2016 13:07

Ooh nice, that's going to be a weapon. cool

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 04/01/2016 13:12

Fingers crossed. Has coilovers, MX5 race series discs and pads, roll bar, torsen diff, seats, chassis rails, super-lightweight wheels etc. Aircon stripped out as well. Just debating whether to fully strip it...

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 04/01/2016 14:18

I shall also be up for a drifting day should it happen smile
Posted By: Sean_C

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 04/01/2016 21:08

Originally Posted By: Fishy_Dave
Here's a couple of clips I found: Youtube

onboard

It's a low friction surface that they keep wet, therefore speeds are low and you don't need to fill the back of your car with old tyres. Happy to help where I can, I'm no drifting expert but have confidence to get the back out here and there wink
Instructors are available, no dates published yet though MSV

Could you keep me informed aswell please Dave.
Cheers
Sean

Re: Castle Combe Saturday 20th Feb - 22/02/2016 11:38

I had a good day at Combe on Saturday, no Fccuk members, but another guy from the Z4 Forum for company plus a constant stream of passengers. smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfZmQngzH3w&feature=youtu.be
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK