Fiat Coupe Club UK

Track day insurace

Posted By: Gripped

Track day insurace - 08/08/2017 17:07

Views please ladies and gents

The last time i did a track day, I used Moris for insurance which cost me something like £70 - £80 ish.

For some reason I though it covered 3rd party damage etc, but it doesn't. So, the only reason to have it is for damage to your own car. For me, the main concern would be hurting/damaging someone else.

So, for a Coupe worth not very much it seems pretty pointless to have it.

What you reckon?

thumb
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Track day insurace - 08/08/2017 17:55

I don't know about insurance in the uk anymore,but in France I have bought a yearly responsibility civil insurance for track days. I paid about 130 euro.

It saves me paying per track day which is expensive each time ,also obligatory.
I imagine it's called a public liability insurance in the uk,but just for track days.
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Track day insurace - 08/08/2017 18:51

I take responsibility for my own behaviour and trust others do too. My only experience of insurance was watching someone realising exactly the same as you but he had hit someone else's car and not least the circuit limits, neither of which were covered by his insurance.
Posted By: andyps

Re: Track day insurace - 24/08/2017 08:38

There was a lot of publicity a couple of years ago following a case in which someone made a claim against someone else for damage caused on a track day. It highlighted the fact that insurance didn't cover third parties but the individual could be liable. At the time there was discussion about the implications of this but I don't know what the outcome was as I haven't done a track day for a long time.

I've recommended them elsewhere on here today but worth talking to REIS Insurance about track day cover, they are good and will be able to give advice too I should think.
Posted By: godders

Re: Track day insurace - 30/08/2017 07:22

Simply, you have in U.K no liability if you hit another vehicle, you take your car on circuit with that understanding. Technically there is a case for a personal claim if you acted negligently however this is extremely difficult to prove and I would have hoped the organiser would have blacked flagged you earlier.

My current view is i don't take out track day insurance, my car is not that valuable and most insurance policies have a fairly hefty excess. Most do not offer track damage (I.e. Fixing barriers) obviously accidents do happen but trackdays you are not racing so car to car damage should not happen and an off is down to the talent factor (or lack of). If my car was worth more than 15k I might take out the insurance and being brutal here I would never think about taking my daily driver out on a circuit.

Sg
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Track day insurace - 30/08/2017 07:29

thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK