Fiat Coupe Club UK

Castle Combe

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Castle Combe - 17/04/2007 00:29

Managed not to crash this year. I have some in-car footage to edit together but here's a short video of my car a full chat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzghJbgodY

Got it RR tuned the day before. The guy (Pete Lander of Sigma Engineering) did a great job and liberated 30BHP at the top end by going down a choke size - what a star. The engine absolutely zings now - utterly superb - as I think you can hear from the video...

Richard
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Castle Combe - 17/04/2007 01:07

Sounds like only an Alfa can \:# Bring it to one of our trackdays please
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Castle Combe - 17/04/2007 01:20

Both great videos Richard, Love the little arse wiggle at the esses \:D
Your alfa makes a really lovely noise too.

;\)

Re: Castle Combe - 17/04/2007 03:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0WB-8GCHRE

This year's in-car video.

Richard
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Castle Combe - 18/04/2007 01:44

I've just watched this years video at castle comb and you can definitely see and hear that extra BHP.

;\)

Re: Castle Combe - 19/07/2007 18:03

Yeah the wiggle at the esses is good.

Castle Combe is a great track. Watch out for the newly cut grass on the first corner as back in the day, this is where I overtook a young lady on the inside then she pushed me into the grass then of course I spun and all the grass ended up in the cockpit of the Formula Ford.

I hope not to do the same with my Coupe! One day will take it to the tracks, one day...

Re: Castle Combe - 19/07/2007 18:31

That noise \:#

Re: Castle Combe - 20/07/2007 16:30

Whats the lowdown on your car specs dude, it sounds amazing.

Re: Castle Combe - 21/07/2007 01:17

theres a link on one of those videos in the comments section

Re: Castle Combe - 03/08/2007 19:41

Originally Posted By: Akeme
Whats the lowdown on your car specs dude, it sounds amazing.

Cheers

Engine

2000 with 12mm 292deg cams, 45 DCOE Dell'Ortos, skimmed head, high compression pistons, lightened flywheel, balanced, ported, swivelling trumpets, tubular 4-2-1 stainless exhaust, Bosch 4 electrode plugs double-angle valves, Kent valve springs, Omex rev limiter/shift light, electric fuel pump, Mocal oil cooler, delivering in the region of 170bhp

Transmission

Standard 5-speed gearbox, 4.7:1 Race "Gripper"LSD, Alfaholics aluminium donut conversion

Suspension

Alfaholics front race spring conversion, S4 front anti-roll bar and rose-jointed drop-links, Alfaholics "Low" rear springs, rear bar removed, Bilstein Sports shocks, 7x14 GTA Replica alloy wheels, adjustable top arms, running 1 deg neg camber & 1 deg toe-in

Brakes

Alfaholics 4-pot alloy front calipers, race master cylinder, no servo, braided lines, 2000 rear ATE brakes, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Tilton brake balance valve

Wheels

Alfaholics GTA Corsa 7x14" wheels, Yokohama Advans 048R 195/60 R14 tyres

Body

Standard GTJ body with glass fibre doors, boot & bonnet, Lexan side and rear windows

Interior

Glass fibre GTA "Autodelta" dash, Fabricage roll cage, Sparco Evo II race seat, Shroth harnesses, Red Top 25 race battery (cabin-mounted), aluminium foam-filled fuel tank, plumbed-in 4 litre extinguisher, Hellebore or Sparco steering wheel

http://www.alfa.me.uk

More videos on YouTube under the same name

Richard

Re: Castle Combe - 26/09/2011 10:08

<moderator> Please don't spam other meeting threads,instead, create a new thread for this event.</moderator>

Re: Castle Combe - 05/10/2011 14:34

Oops!

Not sure how to create a new thread but is anyone coming along to the Bristol Pegasus Motor Club Sprint - Saturday, October 15, 2011 at Castle Combe?

Its free entry to watch!

Re: Castle Combe - 08/04/2012 11:53

Hi,

Anyone fancy the Historic Car rally at Castle Combe tomorrow Easter Monday ?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK