Fiat Coupe Club UK

MAHA dynometer's

Posted By: Anonymous

MAHA dynometer's - 22/08/2012 16:31

Anyone used one?

More interestingly, I'm interested in anyone that has any graphs from a Maha, along with a spec list at the time of running the car on the dyno.

Ross

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 22/08/2012 21:32

Maha is the industry standard and 150k for the base model.
Porsche and others use Maha on all there vehicles to obtain power figures from production.

Typically Maha will fall around 12-15% short of other rollers.
There's heartbreakers (dyno dynamics) and then there's dream killers which are Maha.
However that's the rollers I always use as there accurate and well known for consistent figures.

On my car I have seen variance of 60bhp between Dastek,Dyno dynamics and the Maha with the Maha reading lowest and the Dastek highest.
And the Dastek reads better Bhp with hotter ambients.

Unusually Dastek also typically see 200ibsft at near identical rev ranges despite many variances between models and specs.

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 23/08/2012 06:27

I've spoken to a company who binned their Maha for a dyno dynamics, so not sure the maha is the be all and end all.

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 23/08/2012 08:36

Who was it?

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 29/08/2012 12:11

Yup maha is gash. a guy from the dc5 forum results were 270bhp fly with 208 at wheels feel sorry for the guy as he thinks its a 270 car when we all tell him that loss is not right.

With the same mods my car made 241 on a dyno dynamics roller with similar at the wheels.

Ross you getting mapped then?

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 29/08/2012 23:53

How goes it Johnny.

You have pm.

Ross
Posted By: kj16v

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 30/08/2012 08:28

Originally Posted By: h2ypr
Anyone used one?

More interestingly, I'm interested in anyone that has any graphs from a Maha, along with a spec list at the time of running the car on the dyno.

Ross

I have results from a Clio Williams I mapped on a Maha a few years back. Would you like the graph from that, or do you want just Coupe graphs?

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 30/08/2012 20:09

what did the willy make on the maha before the map?

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 31/08/2012 08:27

Originally Posted By: kj16v
Anyone used one?

Ross

I have results from a Clio Williams I mapped on a Maha a few years back. Would you like the graph from that, or do you want just Coupe graphs?

Do you have a similar graph from another rolling road for the car with the same spec also as comparison?

Ross

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 05/09/2012 09:06

Apologies for delay in replying. I don't have a graph for the same car from another dyno, but I do have graphs of the same car standard, lightly modded (air filter, decat IIRC), then mapped. All on the same day. If you like I'll post up the graphs when I get the chance.

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 05/09/2012 19:24

Yeah that's fine.

Appreciate it. I'll be putting up my own graphs soon enough.

Ross

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 05/09/2012 19:37

Here you go:

Clio Williams, stock
click to enlarge

...Decat, induction kit
click to enlarge

...live-mapped
click to enlarge

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 13/09/2012 17:42

Thats a totally different looking graph to other maha ones I've seen.

Ross

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 15/09/2012 21:27

Ross

Yeah looks like a foreign dyno print you would expect bhp/torque on it?

Whats the plans for your coop ross ?

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 16/09/2012 17:42

Originally Posted By: jonnybgt1759

Ross

Yeah looks like a foreign dyno print you would expect bhp/torque on it?

Whats the plans for your coop ross ?

lol, well I can assure you it was done in the UK since I was there and all! I suppose it depends on the software the place was running, The dyno operator can have any scale that's available to them. Makes no difference to its operation.

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 16/09/2012 20:05

why would you want your measure in 'KW' surely bhp would have been what you want to know?

I suppose you can just convert it but for me i would want afrs, bhp @wheels same with torque.

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 17/09/2012 01:06

Same here, but that's what the dyno at that particular place (a Porsche tuner) used, so that what I had to use that day. Be flexible!

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 17/09/2012 10:04

Same here, but that's what the dyno at that particular place (a Porsche tuner) used, so that what I had to use that day. Be flexible!

Yeah but nobody wants to boast in the pub about kwh figures do they? laugh

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 17/09/2012 20:32

Originally Posted By: proccy
Yeah but nobody wants to boast in the pub about kwh figures do they? laugh

Possibly if your talking about you energy bills lol laugh

I still cant see why a operator would chose that parameter for your printouts Kj?

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 02/10/2012 14:27

Alot of rr's nowadsys use KW.
Came in from the states.

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 02/10/2012 20:04

Lot of effort for 5KW (6HP) increase! Thought a de cat and induction would have sorted 10 - 12 on a Williams... who would have thought it.

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 02/10/2012 20:58

Nah 6 bhp is realistic on a completely stock F7 engine. Peak power is pretty much optimised as standard, so there isn't much gain there (all those chips on Ebay, etc. you see claiming 20bhp+ are full of crap!). Induction kits are generally frowned upon in Clio circles because they're known to cause loss of performance. Decat's really don't tend to gain much power on N/A applications.

The real gain in tuning a stock F7 is in the things that don't show up on a dyno printout - increasing tractability and responsiveness. Makes a surprising difference.

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 05/10/2012 23:06

Nah 6 bhp is realistic on a completely stock F7 engine. Peak power is pretty much optimised as standard, so there isn't much gain there (all those chips on Ebay, etc. you see claiming 20bhp+ are full of crap!). Induction kits are generally frowned upon in Clio circles because they're known to cause loss of performance. Decat's really don't tend to gain much power on N/A applications.

The real gain in tuning a stock F7 is in the things that don't show up on a dyno printout - increasing tractability and responsiveness. Makes a surprising difference.

I used to have a 182 a tuning that was similar and not worth it in the end, despite spending near 2k it was around 190bhp fly. Honda na tuning you see real gains, saying that na tuning is pointless in the end.

Re: MAHA dynometer's - 08/10/2012 17:05

I used to have a 172 Cup. Put an induction kit on it....lasted about 5 minutes as it absolutely destroyed the responsiveness of the engine.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK