Fiat Coupe Club UK

Random Rolling Road. Power about right???

Posted By: Anonymous

Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 09:50

Hello people

Few weeks ago my brother was going to a Club GTI meet which was being held at A.D Edmundson for rolling road day. I decided to go down in coupe for day out and decided as I was there id run it on the rollers.

Runs were pretty consistent, last run was best @ 212bhp - 211ft.lb. Coupe apparently has hybrid turbo (unmapped), turbo back exhaust and filter.

Is that about right? also would a Gtec1 help or proper remap for the hybrid?

cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0LdcYZgpms
Posted By: chrissy

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 10:34

Take the car to Flea, last hybrid car 20vt I had that he mapped, still had the standard 20vt restrictive downpipe on and still managed 292bhp!

Is your car on a custom DP?

Either way you will gain over 50bhp guaranteed if its healthy,

Gtec will just give the same output as any standard Coupe with a free flowing exhaust, maybe 255-260bhp

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 12:22

I spoke to the guy who did the rolling road, said car was running spot on fuelling was good, smooth torque curve ill try upload graph.

I got the exhaust of a guy who was breaking a coupe. 3" downpipe, straight through de-cat, back box only. rather loud but was £65. never missed a beat

might try to gtec see if makes a difference
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 12:34

Whta boost level are you running?

I ran 229bhp standard turbo exhaust and filter with boost controller and GTEC 1 with 1.2bar max boost. This was on the contraversial "heartbreaker" dyno dynamics at Surrey Rolling Road.
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 12:40

Just go get it live mapped mate don't piss about with the gtec

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 12:45

when I had boost gauge in was holding in 3rd-4th gear at 15-16psi or 1bar which I think is standard boost?

I've seen a lot of people say they was disappointed on the rollers at dyno dynamics. why is that?

going to service the coupe its due next month and get gtec I think then go back on rolling road.

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 12:49

Originally Posted By: knight7660
Just go get it live mapped mate don't piss about with the gtec

are the gtec no good? my first coupe had other turbo cars but always had then mapped. just seen few people using the gtec

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 13:09

Because they dont give inflated BHP figures. wink

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 13:10

A Gtec is great, you should see 250-260, but after owning a mapped coupe, Mapping is the way forward, power just keeps going and going on, With a gtec (which I love) the boost cones on soooo hard its unreal, really on or off, most between!

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 13:57

I think I will purchase a gtec for now see how it runs can always take it out. I bought my coupe as a weekend toy just to blast around in but wanting bit more power.

I take it fc performance is the place to go if I do need car mapped? not heard of anywhere else that does the coupes?

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 09/01/2014 15:31

Yes Leighton (Flea) Is FC Performance, best money U will ever spend on the coupe,

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 10/01/2014 21:06

Originally Posted By: chrissy
Yes Leighton (Flea) Is FC Performance, best money U will ever spend on the coupe,

Second that!!
Also a legend!
Posted By: davep

Re: Random Rolling Road. Power about right??? - 12/01/2014 08:35

Im running a hybrid pro ally front mount had it live mapped by flea unreal the difference once flea worked his magic id get it live mapped
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK