Fiat Coupe Club UK

Rolling road today

Posted By: Anonymous

Rolling road today - 27/07/2014 17:04

Hey guys took my coupe to a rolling road today made 235bhp which isn't bad I suppose, it's got a full exhaust system l, decat, panel filter and gtec1 but it's got a slight problem under load the boost keeps jumping up and down but at high rpm it's fine? It was fine on the rollers no problems I was hoping for abit more power but I suppose I'll have to find some mods any ideas?

Re: Rolling road today - 27/07/2014 17:07

what make of dyno was it ?

Re: Rolling road today - 27/07/2014 18:02

I'm not sure it was at dynodaze?? And I was told if it wasn't so hot out it would of bin abit higher?? Torque was only 260 which I was disappointed with
Posted By: Rudidudi

Re: Rolling road today - 27/07/2014 18:55

what makes you think that any rr figures are accurate? wink

you should be more concerned with the shape of the curves and the boost fluctuations mate, not the number on the rollers.

was the fueling good across the rev range?

Re: Rolling road today - 27/07/2014 19:15

Not really that accurate just around abouts arnt they my brothers 1.8 t standard 150 had a remap and exhaust hitting 173bhp which sounds about right.
Fuelling was good throughout and boost curves etc were perfect I have the graph here just want the power delivery to be perfect on the road itself lol
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Rolling road today - 27/07/2014 20:28

A PRV (Pressure Release Valve) would probably fix the fluctuating boost but it's odd that it didn't show on the boost curve.

To make 260lbs/ft and 235bhp could mean the standard EBV (Electronic Boost Valve) is leaking perhaps...

Post the graphs up though!
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Rolling road today - 27/07/2014 21:07

Yes pop the graphs up. Typically the standard turbo will kick out similar torque and power figures, and there's quite a difference in your readings which suggests an issue. As really eluded to it could be a simple fix.

Re: Rolling road today - 27/07/2014 22:31

It has a bailey dump valve on would this affect it in anyway? Does it need to be a recirculating dump valve or can it have any? Even the guy at the rolling road said the engines are parculiar lol but he knew everything about vw/Audi engines.
Can anyway tell me how to post my graphs off my iphone or will I need my laptop??
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Rolling road today - 28/07/2014 16:09

You can do it from your iphone just download the photobucket app and follow these instructions.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK