Fiat Coupe Club UK

Perfect Touch RR convoy

Posted By: Nigel

Perfect Touch RR convoy - 20/01/2007 17:08

Just in case anyone wants to tag along

I'm aiming to get to Hoddesdon for about 9 a.m. I'll be setting off from home at about 6:30 a.m.

Route as follows:

M6 from J12 Cannock all the way to the end
A14 to Cambridge
M11 to J11
A10 to Hoddesdon

About 160 miles in total, but nice easy cruising.

Its not the shortest route - its about 30 miles longer than using the M1. However, the M1 route involves some fiddly B road stuff and also the risk of getting caught in the roadworks at J11, so best to stay well away.

If anyone wants to tag along, just let me know and we'll arrange a meeting point. There's plenty of service areas on the route, so plenty of easy meet points.

I don't particularly want to be stopping for half-hour chats at each point, so its a case of slow down, spot each other, speed up. Plenty of time for chat later.
I have four walkie talkies that we can use to keep in touch if required.

I'm not going to go berserk on the way down - steady 80 - 85 cruise, with the occasional slow down for the (many) A14 cameras
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Perfect Touch RR convoy - 21/01/2007 00:43

If anyone from the South wants to meet up, we could also arrange something from South Mimms services, or maybe even further afield if that suits. Post on here, and we'll see what we can arrange ;\)

Phil
Posted By: Taffy20vt

Re: Perfect Touch RR convoy - 24/01/2007 04:21

Ill tag along from Junction 12(M6) if thats ok with you Nigel ?,If you let me know what time you'll be getting there,Ill make sure im there \:\)
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Perfect Touch RR convoy - 26/01/2007 13:16

I'll PM you later Taffy - still not 100% certain this is going ahead
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK