Fiat Coupe Club UK

Before and after superchip

Posted By: MattM

Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 21:45

Hi im new to the forum, and have owned my 20V turbo for about a year now. Yesterday i took the motor for a Superchip fitting and had a RR before and after. I was very pleased to see that i was running 225BHP at flywheel before, and 255BHP after fitting the chip. Im pretty impressed with this as the car is standard apart from an induction kit. Do the coupes often run above 220bhp standard?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 21:48

Gd results. Where you get it done?

Generally coupes run just about bang on, so seems like a good gain.

Ross

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 21:48

Not so sure about std. coupes tbh.. could be down to the rollers!

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 21:51

Got it done at Well Lane Turbo centre in Batley, Leeds. just round corner from me, dont know of u have heard of it?
Posted By: Flea

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 21:57

How much was it?

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:02

They had a bit of a deal on, i think normally superchips are around £500, But i went with a mate and they charged me £395 for a RR before and after and obviously a superchip. One of the most noticeable things about the chip is how smooth the engine runs now. Before i used to have some dead spots and some times it would idle a bit funny, but now it runs beautifully

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:02

Originally Posted By: Flea
How much was it?

I think it will break his heart when we tell him about the Gtec \:\(

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:04

Originally Posted By: yellow_coop
 Originally Posted By: Flea
How much was it?

I think it will break his heart when we tell him about the Gtec \:\(

Graham used some info from the superchip to make the gtech.

Ross

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:14

I wish i had talked about this before getting it done, but half the reason behind me getting the superchip was the sort of safety aspect. I wanted something with a reputation of being safe. However i dont know much about the Gtec chips and will probably cry if there just as good!

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:22

£30 and seem to be good for basic or near stnd setups. Sorry dude.

Ross

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:25

Oh well. live and learn!

Well I'm assuming this isn't a live map of sorts otherwise £395 is pretty good going. For a very similar power increase i.e. 30bhp and similar lbs/ft, the GTEC 1 chip comes in at a wopping £35 plug n play.

Dont get us wrong. At least you know that your setup is good and your happy with it. Personally i wouldnt have mentioned the gtech.

Ross

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:32

The reason i went for the superchip is just because of the reputation behind it. And it has a warranty so if it did blow up my car i could claim, (although i think they would make it very hard to prove this). I could have got it cheaper, a lot cheaper but at the time i didnt know anything about the Gtec-i just assumed that because it was cheap it was also crap but i am obviously wrong! D'OH

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:33

Lol. Dont worry about it. Worry once you start to compare your mortgage to how much your coupe owes you.

Ross

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:35

Do you have a RR chart, AFR readings etc..?

Re: Before and after superchip - 07/03/2007 22:37

Yup- i really wish petrol, parts, tyres, tax were cheap!!

Re: Before and after superchip - 08/03/2007 00:20

Originally Posted By: davidub
Do you have a RR chart, AFR readings etc..?

IRC the Superchip was often found to be overfueling so it would be useful to know whether your fueling was checked.

Re: Before and after superchip - 08/03/2007 18:34

i have a print off which shows power and torque but nothing else
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Before and after superchip - 11/03/2007 13:33

Do you still have the cat fitted and did they put the fueling probe up the exhaust ?

Dont want to put a downer on you first tuning steps but Graham didn't like the superchip, out of all the chips he tested the Superchip was the worst for overfueling.

Drive it around for a few days then pull the spark plugs out and check the colour of them, if they are black and sooty then I'd go back and have a chat with Well Lane, you can do more damage if the car is over fueling \:\(

Re: Before and after superchip - 12/03/2007 05:41

CAT is still on but they didnt put a fueling probe in exhaust. Will check the spark plugs, thanks for the advice. Do you think well lane will be able to fix the problem, if there is one, or do you think it will need to be sorted by superchips?

Re: Before and after superchip - 12/03/2007 06:23

Superchips only have one map, so doubtful.

Ross
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Before and after superchip - 13/03/2007 14:49

With a cat on it will be difficult for them to check the fueling, but even if it wasnt fitted there is nothing you can do about it, the fuel maps are set on the chip and you cant change them.
I wish you'd read this forum before paying all that money for a chip, our very own Graham writes chips far superior to the Superchip version for £35 \:\(

Make sure you check those plugs !!

Re: Before and after superchip - 14/03/2007 04:19

£35 Jimbo? \:o

Where can I find out more?

Re: Before and after superchip - 14/03/2007 04:20

GTECH chip he means jayzee! \:D

Ross

Re: Before and after superchip - 14/03/2007 16:59

That's your own one re-written?

I have a Novitec on the LE and a spare standard chip.

Re: Before and after superchip - 14/03/2007 17:32

No. Its a chip that has taken all the best parts of the other chips like, millenium, novitec, squadra, superchip and made it into one chip.

Ross

Re: Before and after superchip - 15/03/2007 04:07

But £35, I just can't get over that \:o
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Before and after superchip - 15/03/2007 04:55

Oh believe it Jayzee It's just THE biggest performance bargain. If we were driving VAG cars and the chip was from a full-time tuner, we'd be paying £500 easy.

Re: Before and after superchip - 21/03/2007 11:45

Unfortunately, the GTEC chip is the equivalent of the first bag of heroin that the local dealer lets you have for free \:D

Once fitting this has popped your modding cherry, there is no looking back, and no more bargains like this ever again.

Don't forget - 220-250 bhp - 200 quid. 220-300 bhp - 2,000 quid.

\:\(
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK