Fiat Coupe Club UK

Perfect Touch

Posted By: stevo

Perfect Touch - 12/04/2007 16:19

Hi anybody got the contact details so that I can book my motor in for a serious remap please?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Perfect Touch - 12/04/2007 16:20

Perfect Touch. 01992 443900

the power of Google!

Joe

Re: Perfect Touch - 12/04/2007 22:12

http://www.perfect-touch.co.uk/

thats the site

nothing but praise for them!!

Re: Perfect Touch - 12/04/2007 22:42

Well they get my vote, just for using Hybrid for their web site music \:D
Posted By: Gurmon

Re: Perfect Touch - 13/04/2007 14:53

Do they still glue the chip into the ECU ?

Did Flea ever get a new ECU from them ?

Check This Out

I wouldn`t want to take my car to them if this is what i`ll be faced with.

Re: Perfect Touch - 13/04/2007 15:48

Try finding somewhere else that will live map your car. Considering the time that PT invested in Nigel and Flea's car your welcome to let another company have a go at mapping from scratch with 16VT injectors on an hourly rate....

I've always found Perfect Touch to be exemplary - they really take time with both you and your car + are enthusiastic about what they do, unlike other places that I have been - that have cut corners and wanted to get the car in and out of the workshop as quickly as they could.

Re: Perfect Touch - 13/04/2007 16:08

So you dont mind them potting your eeprom, as they are nice guys ?

\:\)

Re: Perfect Touch - 13/04/2007 18:12

why would u ever need to tamper with it anyway??

i had mine done there and i aint even looked to see if they done it! i will never need to touch it again!!

and i suppose its copyright! in a way!

Re: Perfect Touch - 13/04/2007 18:17

well no - I'd expect them to tell me if they did, or at least why - but if they did it to protect their work it's understandable and fairly reasonable to assume that if the car needed further mapping then it would come back to them anyway etc.

Re: Perfect Touch - 13/04/2007 18:44

I think the point is that they should have told him in advance. I'm afraid to look at mine ...

Re: Perfect Touch - 13/04/2007 19:41

Quote:
i will never need to touch it again!!

I guess that is what Flea thought ;\)

Hope your car gets through the MOT though \:\)

Oh, and its not their right to claim copyright as the VAST majority of the code will be stock.

Anyway, dont want to turn this into a PT bashing thread, just be carefull

Re: Perfect Touch - 13/04/2007 22:16

mine will get through an mot!!;-)
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Perfect Touch - 14/04/2007 00:44

Mine isn't glued in - I specifically requested that I have the ability to plug in a different chip, mapped for V-Power with octane booster - should be good for another 10bhp or so.

Re: Perfect Touch - 14/04/2007 02:32

Guys, excuse my ignorance but as the mods have started and it looks like Im hooked and going to continue I would like some advice...

Gtech1, superspool, blueflame full system, k+n induction - this is as far as ive got with fmic etc... in the pipeline - the car hunts a little, what Ide like to know is getting it rr will give me power reading etc and assume that mapping will sort out the hunting, fueling etc... \:\?
Do they use the mods to each individual car and the gtech chips instructions to the car etc... and call it all into line (if that makes sense)?

What exactly is possible with the mapping - Ive yet to encounter this so if i sound a complete divvy....

I dont want to walk into pt a complete green, if you know what I mean. Think this is still on topic (ish).
Posted By: mattB

Re: Perfect Touch - 14/04/2007 03:21

Wait until you've finished fitting all your mods and then get it live mapped otherwise you'll need to get it done again once extra mods are added. Not cheap at £450 a throw.

Re: Perfect Touch - 14/04/2007 03:56

Let's not forget the UNICHIP ...

Re: Perfect Touch - 20/04/2007 00:42

Which if you run Aquamist is useful for switching ignition maps.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK