Fiat Coupe Club UK

Scotland Mini-Meet

Posted By: Anonymous

Scotland Mini-Meet - 25/08/2011 15:06

Looking to arrange a Saturday (morning/afternoon) or Sunday afternoon (Ronnie cranky on a Sunday Morning laugh ) to arrange a mini-meet.

Meet up in North Glasgow somewhere, head up to Oban way A84/A85 and go for lunch somewhere OR meet in South Glasgow and head down into Ayrshire (similar to the meet with Lou if anyone remembers laugh ) and drive to somewhere and have lunch. Plenty of pics of initial meet, videos of the drive and pics at the lunch stop.

Can even incorporate some Go-Karting, now that Kelv gone and aint gonna win all the time, later on in the day at the Cambuslang outdoor karts.

Anyone up for this?

Edited to add : I don't have a particular date in mind for this. Obviously AGM 17th-19th, (don't know if any of us going though) but to avoid clashing, maybe look at weekend of 25th/26th Sep??

Ross
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 25/08/2011 19:09

Oban, Oban...Lovely place. The Light of India restaurant food is to die for. One of the best places I've tasted curry love

Let me know if you land in Oban.... thumb

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 25/08/2011 19:46

can't make it that weekend but would def be up for a meet of the scottish coopsters at some point, would still be up for a rolling road at some point as well if anyone fancies that
Posted By: Baz76

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 25/08/2011 23:03

Sound good,I would be up for this thumb . I also wouldn't mind another visit to the Karting again cool .

Baz smile

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 26/08/2011 12:54

Is there a prefered date that people would like?

I'm happy to look at rolling road, but I think people would want to go to Wallace Performance again possibly.

Ross

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 26/08/2011 13:09

there is dastek in fife which i suppose would be a bit more central for most folk if a rolling road was considered, although it would be nice to add a more social element like karting and a bite to eat to it as well

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 26/08/2011 13:12

Well we can rolling road in the morning (saturday/sunday runs usually morning's) then head out for lunch somewhere in Dalgety Bay (Duffy the one to check with) then I believe there is high speed go karts at edinburgh?

Ross
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 26/08/2011 14:19

Originally Posted By: h2ypr
Well we can rolling road in the morning (saturday/sunday runs usually morning's) then head out for lunch somewhere in Dalgety Bay (Duffy the one to check with) then I believe there is high speed go karts at edinburgh?

Ross

Yep, right here

Going to to be a bit fashed with work and family commitments for the next few weekends so unlikely so far I'll make one of these in near future but happy to do some scouting/suggestions for this side of the meet smile

Considered heading up to the Trossachs and then east through Doune/Stirlingshire/Hillfoots/St.Andrew's, returning over new Kincardine Bridge/FRB for Karting?

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 26/08/2011 14:22

Originally Posted By: Edinburgh

Yep, right here

Going to to be a bit fashed with work and family commitments for the next few weekends so unlikely so far I'll make one of these in near future but happy to do some scouting/suggestions for this side of the meet smile

Considered heading up to the Trossachs and then east through Doune/Stirlingshire/Hillfoots/St.Andrew's, returning over new Kincardine Bridge/FRB for Karting?

Superb. This sounds like a good day out in the making, although need to check how much a rolling road is going to be, and work out a lunch stop.

Anyone else up for this kind of thing?

Ross

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 28/08/2011 17:13

Just got to get the downpipe done and greddy set up and Im up for a rolling road.

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 30/08/2011 11:21

Looking at possible costs for Rolling Roads - £40 at Wallace and circa £50-£60 in Glasgow, Teresa has posted up a meet in north england (227miles from me) and only looking at £30??

The deen is 150miles+ for me to get to, so I'm thinking about attending that one for a Rolling Road.

Shall we just make this one Karting etc?

Thoughts?

Ross

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 30/08/2011 11:38

Track - club stands - karting- everything is there....11-09-11

http://motorsport-events.knockhill.com/streetcar-scotland-modified-show-trackday.php

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 30/08/2011 11:47

Looks a good event.

I personally couldn't make that, as just back my holiday.

Ross
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 30/08/2011 19:42

Teresa has posted up a meet in north england (227miles from me) and only looking at £30??

Possibly £30, could be more, depends how many cars attend.

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 30/08/2011 20:46

Originally Posted By: Theresa
Teresa has posted up a meet in north england (227miles from me) and only looking at £30??

Possibly £30, could be more, depends how many cars attend.

Can someone tell me what T said there , I don't speak the welsh!!

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 30/08/2011 21:03

Cant find the meet T is posting,where and when?

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 30/08/2011 21:05

Shhhhh, no-one tell him.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 30/08/2011 23:05

Lol laugh

Steamer, don't tell them I've told you, but it's here:

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1254033#Post1254033

laugh

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 01/09/2011 23:46

Taking advantage of the chance to give the Coop a bit of a Blast, I'll gladly be taking/collecting my Boy from Scout Camp Lochgilphead on the 23-25th of September. So could take a detour and meet up on the Saturday or Sunday if it's going to be that weekend.
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 08/09/2011 18:08

This sounds like a pretty good day out to me, would y'all mind a newbie coming along?

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 08/09/2011 20:13

thats 2 newbies - you and me both smile

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 10/09/2011 13:55

Yeah more the merrier mate.

Ross

Re: Scotland Mini-Meet - 12/09/2011 19:56

Ross talk to Kenny about putting these together with a R/R in there some where!

You got any white bits ? or did you lift the moobs up wink
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK