Fiat Coupe Club UK

Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge

Posted By: Edinburgh

Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 13/01/2020 08:35

Just received this which some of you may already know about...

Dear Italian Car Friends,

I hope this finds you all well, and you had a relaxing Christmas and New Year.

We are again looking forward to running our friendly and informal 'All Italian' breakfast meets over 4 dates in the coming year.

We will continue to follow the same format as in previous years, with a free to attend, no need to book, static meet held at The Departure Lounge Café, just outside Alton in Hampshire (address on the attached flier). The café has an excellent well drained field away from the public car park, on which we can display our cars, get some breakfast, and chat to fellow enthusiasts.

Our meets are held on the first Saturdays of April, June, August, and October, starting at 10am (when the Cafe opens), and running on until early afternoon, although there is no set end time.

Last year we continued to see more cars, and some wonderful examples from all major Italian marques from classics, daily drivers, and modern supercars. Everyone is welcome as long as it is Italian and you come with enthusiasm! We really enjoy the diversity we have had, and there is always something new to enjoy.

I have attached our 2020 flier in .JPG format (in both smaller and larger file sizes), and please feel free to use this for your websites, newsletters, etc. Do also please forward this email to any other Italian car friends that you may have and may find this of interest. Again the photo is from one of last year's meets.

(edit: here's a link - Breakfast Meets at Departure Lounge)

We are very grateful for your support and attendance, and look forward to seeing you again in the coming year.

Kind regards,

Ross
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 13/01/2020 10:39

Thanks Simon. we were talking about it only yesterday at the Bolney Stage lunch meeting. The first Saturday in April is the 4th.

It is always a good friendly meet which gets a good turn out and pleasant company without badge snobbery from participants.

Breakfast is good, but get in early as the queues for food can get lengthy.

For those with classic cars built before 1990 there are meetings on the 1st Sunday of each month from 2:00 pm, starting on 5th April . There is a separate parking area at all events for other cars.

Hopefully Highways Hampshire will have finished the railway bridge works which messed up the direct route last year.
Posted By: Serg1

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 15/01/2020 09:17

Fingers crossed I'll be there for breakfast in April.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 19/01/2020 17:05

Here is the flyer from them.

Attached picture Car Meet Flier A5 2020 small.jpg

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 13/03/2020 11:41

I have just been informed by the organisers that the 4th April Meet has been cancelled due to concerns about coronavirus. They hope to run the 6th June event.
Posted By: Thunderbox

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 13/03/2020 23:11

Thanks for the information- it is of course a great shame. On a broader note; this may be a regular theme with many others we are all looking forward to being cancelled. Brook lands, Eastbourne, date I say it- Fat Lamb?!
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 14/03/2020 09:35

Current view on the 25th celebrations in July is that’s it’s still on and by then we are over the worst of it. Playing it by ear though

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 14/07/2020 09:28

It seems that the 1st August meeting may be on.

From their website CLICKY

Originally Posted by The Departure Lounge
All Italian Car Meet

Here are the dates for our 2020 breakfast meeting at The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH

Saturday April 4th 10.00am — CANCELLED due to COVID-19 OUTBREAK

Saturday 6th June — CANCELLED due to COVID-19 OUTBREAK

Saturday 1st August

Saturday 3rd October

it’s open to any Italian car of any age, and we have had classics through to modern Alfas, Fiat’s and Ferraris and everything in between. Attendees have come from across the southern counties, with enthusiasts arranging their own convoys from Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, and Surrey or arriving independently.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 14/07/2020 20:09

If it happens I'll be there.
Posted By: Lappers

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 18/07/2020 15:11

In the Coupe or Abarth John?
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 18/07/2020 16:11

I might pop along too but in the Spider again

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 19/07/2020 11:29

Might have to the Abarth. Coupe needs MOT which hasn't been done due to lockdown.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 28/07/2020 19:09

It's still on but limited numbers.
Anyone going should try to get there before 10.00.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 29/07/2020 09:30

The regional Abarth OC have got an event in Dorking on Saturday so that should count some out!

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 29/07/2020 14:15

I plan on going as it's only 12 miles from home if they have finished the railway bridge works!

Will probably take the coupe, though maybe the X1/9 to give it a run. I need to tax the coupe, which the DVLA won't allow me to do before 1st August, which means doing it before I leave.

The X1/9 is now 40 years old so free tax as a historic vehicle.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 29/07/2020 15:14

Hope to be there too on Saturday. Pretty sure all the bridge work has been completed now. Weather looks promising so hope there is room for us all to get in!
Posted By: Chris_H

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 30/07/2020 12:41

Hope to be there on Saturday. Only a 20 minute drive away....
Posted By: Thunderbox

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 30/07/2020 21:27

Sorry to say we won’t be there as our daughter is coming to see us after 7 months absence . Hopefully there will be one in October!?

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 31/07/2020 12:20

Probably now give tomorrow a miss based on latest Boris announcement. Maybe the October meet will prove more fruitful but think it clashes with the rearranged Auto Italia date?

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 31/07/2020 12:30

I would listen to the scientists, not Johnson's interpretation of them.

Boris should have stuck to Have i Got News For You as a guest.

You are right John, the October meeting does clash with AutoItalia at Brooklands.
Posted By: wink

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 02/08/2020 11:10

Nice to see some Coupes (four altogether I think) at the Departure Lounge on 1st August. Plus several Alfas, Maseratis etc. And a lovely 70's Fiat 128 Rally in great condition.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 01/09/2020 18:12

There Is an Italian day meeting on 3rd October , the last of the year and will go some way to compensating for AutoIta;ia Brooklands being cancelled.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 01/09/2020 19:42

Fingers crossed this doesn't end up same way as other events.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 26/09/2020 17:27

Should of been thier today but unfortunately it was cancelled. Would be surprised if the 3rd goes ahead.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 26/09/2020 18:00

The general classic car Sundays have been showing as cancelled for some tine now, but the Italian Car Breakfast in August went ahead and the next one (last one of the year) still appears to be on for *next Saturday* the 3rd

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 26/09/2020 18:19

Let's hope do.

Should of been there with the Abarth club today, unfortunately it was cancelled.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 29/09/2020 15:52

It's been cancelled.

Hopefully next year will be better.

Re: Breakfast Events at Departure Lounge - 29/09/2020 17:46

Shame but not surprised.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK