Fiat Coupe Club UK

Next South Meet- 6th April.

Posted By: Anonymous

Next South Meet- 6th April. - 12/01/2008 16:44

Since its been a while i figured id see if anyone was up for a south meet anytime soon.

Same sort of thing as last time would be great,perhaps with a meet a Tesco's followed by some driving and all that?

Let me know what you think,

Phill
Posted By: simonj

Re: Next South Meet - 12/01/2008 22:04

I'd be up for it. If I have a Coupe I'll come for the drive, if not I might just come to nose around some cars to help me in my Coupe search.

Re: Next South Meet - 15/01/2008 04:04

I'm sure that something can be arranged ;\) . Mind you, knowing how the organisation of our previous meets work, you might want to set a date for April sometime soon \:D !

Phil

Re: Next South Meet - 15/01/2008 04:08

interested if car is running somewhere near properly by then. (depending on location and timings etc)
Posted By: OO7

Re: Next South Meet - 15/01/2008 21:19

Allways up for these. \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 15/01/2008 21:41

ooh i might actually have a half decent running car!

Re: Next South Meet - 17/01/2008 02:13

Sounds good. Not to good at this are we \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 17/01/2008 02:19

So shall we start tthe bidding at February 17th 2010? \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 18/01/2008 00:17

If we start now we may do it ;\)

Re: Next South Meet - 18/01/2008 03:40

OK, how about Sunday 30th March or Sunday 6th April? The second date is the first weekend of the school holidays, if that makes any difference to anyone?

Happy to do our usual arrangement, if everyone else is, or maybe we could do something different this time?

Phil

Re: Next South Meet - 18/01/2008 23:25

Don't make/change any arrangement specifically because of me, but 30th March is a no-go, it's my wife's 30th that day.

Re: Next South Meet - 20/01/2008 01:12

Count me in for 6th April \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 20/01/2008 01:49

Hey guys,
Last one was great fun and would be good to meet up again.
6th April sounds good to me as well.
Is there going to be some more filming like the last one?

Kind regards

Nic

Re: Next South Meet - 20/01/2008 02:32

Yeah, this time I will set it up a bit better too ;\) If people want to bring a camera they can borrow the mount \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 20/01/2008 03:01

6th April sounds good to me.

Are we talking 2008 or 2009 \:\)
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Next South Meet - 20/01/2008 19:50

6th April is fine with me.

Re: Next South Meet - 21/01/2008 00:23

sounds good to me too.
i'll bring my newly aquired nikon D80 with 18-200mm vr lens..... bloody impulse buying, should have brought an fmic and a hybrid for the price that camera set me back LMAO \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 21/01/2008 18:16

Where will the meet be?

Re: Next South Meet - 21/01/2008 18:35

at a tescos, narrows it down to 600 odd sites \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 21/01/2008 18:42

Helpful

Re: Next South Meet - 21/01/2008 18:58

A34/M3 Tesco

Re: Next South Meet - 22/01/2008 17:23

That's near Winchester, Akeme. Meet just off the M3, drive through some nice mid-Hants roads.

Re: Next South Meet - 22/01/2008 18:44

Very nice roads \:\) Must remember about that sharp left turn next time though!!!! \:\(

Re: Next South Meet - 22/01/2008 19:38

Originally Posted By: simonj
Don't make/change any arrangement specifically because of me, but 30th March is a no-go, it's my wife's 30th that day.

Hehe do you ever do joint birthday celebrations? Two of my mates have their birthdays a week either side of me so we have a joint night out to celebrate.

Birthday twin, I shall be 30 this March too \:\(

Re: Next South Meet - 22/01/2008 23:03

Originally Posted By: DanielTheManual

Hehe do you ever do joint birthday celebrations? Two of my mates have their birthdays a week either side of me so we have a joint night out to celebrate.

Birthday twin, I shall be 30 this March too \:\(

Yes, we're having a joint get-together given the 6 days between us - she is going to be unbearable though for the 6 days when she's 29 and I'm 30.

Anyway, I'm easily pleased, all I want for my 30th is a nice Coupé \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 23/01/2008 00:20

Sounds cool, Winchester has a rather large and impressive cathedral if i remember correctly, it was pouring down with rain last time i went there \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 25/01/2008 00:14

Well, it looks like 6th April is the most popular date then \:D !

Now, the only problem might be that I won't have the Coupe by then \:o . In case you haven't spotted it, my Coupe is up for sale \:\( .

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, but the time has come to move on to something else, and my recent change of job, family commitments and the like mean that the time is right.

I'll obviously have to see what happens, and whether I can make this event now. Maybe I could bring the wife's Alfa instead, although you may have to give me a head start \:D !

Phil
Posted By: tonyd20vt

Re: Next South Meet - 27/01/2008 00:56

I could be up for this one. I love driving down the M23.

What sort of thing do you get upto on your meets? I've been to a couple a bit closer to me and they were a bit ........ yawn.

Re: Next South Meet - 28/01/2008 02:18

Originally Posted By: nicboy
Hey guys,
Last one was great fun and would be good to meet up again.
6th April sounds good to me as well.
Is there going to be some more filming like the last one?

Kind regards

Nic

I'll keep this date free if I can, pop up and say hello?
Hope all is going well and the car is behaving!
Cheers
Mark

Re: Next South Meet - 28/01/2008 17:57

Sorted a Coupe out now, pick it up on Feb 9th \:D , so I'm in for 6th April.

Re: Next South Meet - 28/01/2008 18:31

Let's get a list going...

1) Webbo
2) pfoe
3) simonj
4) Highwayman in his Alfa \:\( \:D
5) owl10 ?
6) Truffle
7) kbs133
8) 007
9) nicboy
10) petep
11) karlothen
12) Akeme ?
13) tonyd20vt
14) markyboy

apologies if I have missed anybody, looks like a promising turnout!

Re: Next South Meet - 28/01/2008 18:48

I'll see if I can rustle up some interest from the Thames Valley.

Re: Next South Meet - 29/01/2008 01:14

Put me down as a possible \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 29/01/2008 02:42

1) Webbo
2) pfoe
3) simonj
5) owl10 ?
6) Truffle
7) kbs133
8) 007
9) nicboy
10) petep
11) karlothen
12) Akeme ?
13) tonyd20vt
14) markyboy
15) Nobby ?

Re: Next South Meet - 29/01/2008 02:58

im still a maybe,

the girlfriend wants to go away for a weekend and i'd rather go to a coupe meet so i might kill two birds with one stone and go to the oop' north weekend meet (aka cowboy's revenge iirc)

dependant on me not blowing up the coupe at, or on the way home from perfect touch.

i'll keep an eye on this thread though and see what happens closer to the time,

last time i commited to a meet i killed the car \:\(

Re: Next South Meet - 29/01/2008 22:52

Ill be there!

Re: Next South Meet - 30/01/2008 01:30

i'd better add that i will be there just to say hello before you hoon off, nic bought my coupe a year or so ago.
I don't think I would be able to keep up in my A6 Avant! \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 05/02/2008 17:43

Count me in too! \:\)

Sorry, I've not been visiting the forum so much recently, - nearly missed this!

Looking forward to meeting up again with everybody.

Re: Next South Meet - 07/02/2008 02:37

1) Webbo
2) pfoe
3) simonj
4) Highwayman
5) owl10 ?
6) Truffle
7) kbs133
8) 007
9) nicboy
10) petep
11) karlothen
12) Akeme
13) tonyd20vt
14) markyboy
15) Nobby ?
16) Gazza2905

Is there any interest in trying to get a dent-man out at the same time? The downside would be that we might have to hang around whilst waiting for all the cars to get done, unless we tag it onto the end of the meet

Re: Next South Meet - 07/02/2008 04:50

I'll do my best to tag along on this meet.
Cheers

Re: Next South Meet - 08/02/2008 00:24

Not sure about the dent man for my Coupe. he could be there days \:\)

Its looking like a good turn out though.

Re: Next South Meet - 08/02/2008 00:49

Originally Posted By: Webbo
The downside would be that we might have to hang around whilst waiting for all the cars to get done, unless we tag it onto the end of the meet

Unless... you tag it onto a point where theres a convienient pub for a quick drink and lunch
Posted By: RusH

Re: Next South Meet - 08/02/2008 01:43

Anyone got a postcode.. Possible dependant on distance from me.

Re: Next South Meet - 08/02/2008 16:26

I'm not sure how long a dent man would take on each car, mine alone needs 2 doors, rear wing and bonnet doing .

I guess we could get him to meet us at the pub at the end of the meet then disappear one by one when we are done. To be fair we could organise it so that those with the fewest panels go first so they dont have to hang around too long. Let's see what interest there is...

Re: Next South Meet - 08/02/2008 16:32

Rush - approximate postcode is SO23 7RS

I propose we meet around 11:30 and head off to the pub at about 12:15-12:30 does that suit everyone?

Re: Next South Meet - 08/02/2008 16:52

Pfoes idea about lunch with the dent man doing his magic sounds good. Do they do paint jobs? Some burk taped my front bumper on the corner and where the bumpers flexed some paint has flaked off. \:mad\: I could post a photo?

Re: Next South Meet - 08/02/2008 17:06

Originally Posted By: RusH

It's just under an hour down the A34 from Oxford. If you wanted, I could meet you at the services next to the Didcot turn-off (tempting I know \:# ) on the A34 and convoy down.
Posted By: Gaz

Re: Next South Meet - 09/02/2008 23:20

I may pop along for this meet to.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Next South Meet - 11/02/2008 22:53

I'll come I reckon \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 12/02/2008 14:51

By the way Webbo, I'd be interested in the dentman, just one panel.

Cheers

Simon \:\)
Posted By: mrc

Re: Next South Meet - 13/02/2008 02:54

Put me down for this! \:\) If I don't get the car resprayed between now and then I have one new dent by my back light I would like to have sorted!

Ta, Mr C

Ps. Is it the 6th april?

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April. - 13/02/2008 05:20

The 6th April seems to be the day MrC.
I'll change the title accordingly.

Pete

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 13/02/2008 18:52

It's just under an hour down the A34 from Oxford. If you wanted, I could meet you at the services next to the Didcot turn-off (tempting I know \:# ) on the A34 and convoy down.

I'm up for mini convoy too, will be from M40 onto A34.

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 13/02/2008 19:33

i could poss come along to this meet would be my first \:\)
Hopefully bodywork will be sorted by then.

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 14/02/2008 01:41

I'm thinking of coming as well definately maybe.
I tree just jumped out and put a big scratch down the side, if dentman can work his magic on scractches as well ??!!?

Is there not a pub involved??? Or are we going to hang around in Tescos carpark?

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 14/02/2008 01:43

If so I'll bring my hoodie

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 14/02/2008 01:45

Well if i do go on the jaunt with u guys (and not just do the tesco carpark bit) then i'll have to be at the back. My brakes are next on my long list of things that need doing, they have to last till the beginning of May, so lots of easy driving ahead. No tearing it up the country roads for me \:\(

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 14/02/2008 14:30

I'm sure there will be a pub involved.
If Highwayman doesn't make it I bet one of the other local lads will know one.

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 14/02/2008 16:42

Ive had the dents guys do my car before dont think they repair scratches and as for dents if there in akward angles or creases they a perfect job cant be acomplished.
O a cold stella shandy sounds amazing \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 14/02/2008 17:24

if your brakes are shot truffle, im sure people would rather not have you behind them \:P \:D lol

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 14/02/2008 17:29

well if i'm in the front, look out for a coupe shaped hole in a hedge. \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 15/02/2008 01:15

In theory I should be there, so we can go to the usual pub along the usual roads if you like ;\) ?

Has anyone actually contacted a dentman yet? I haven't actually been able to find one locally, so you may struggle \:\( . Also, I think that it would be courteous to ask the pub if they would be happy for us to do that, as I suspect that they would probably prefer not to have their car park used for such activities. I may be wrong, but I think you'd best check before booking anything, otherwise the dentman might not be too chuffed if he has to leave empty handed ;\) . I'd also think that Tesco would have similar views...

Phil

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 15/02/2008 11:35

I have spoken to a Andy Jewell who is happy to come out, good point though Phil we should contact the pub to ask if it is ok. I cant remember the pub name but if you let me know I will give them a call. ta

http://www.andyjewell.co.uk/

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 15/02/2008 15:08

I'm up for the dent man too, might have to strike up a monthly visit/price though as the tossers in Slough carparks are making a bloody mess of my doors!!!

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 15/02/2008 15:10

ill be coming if i get my car back together in time lol should do tho \:\) but if not ill come with my mate in his coop \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 15/02/2008 22:49

Webbo - The usual haunt is the Bear and Ragged Staff at Michelmarsh ;\) .

Phil

Re: Next South Meet - 6th April - 17/02/2008 22:52

If im not working i'll come down.

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 04:55

never been to a meet before, and being a new owner of one i really want to join you guys, thing is i live in cornwall, was wondering is it really worth it? is it like you typical boy racer meet sitting in Mc'Ds with the cops hot on you tail, and me havin to drive backdown to cornwall after a couple of hours? please shed some light please?

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 05:05

A typical meet entails the following:

Meet n greet, which used to be when we'd all look at Highwaymans engine bay and wonder how it's so clean.

Breif blast down some country roads.

A breakdown

Several cars getting stuck behind a caravan

Stop at pub, certain owners who shall remain nameless flirt with female barstaff.

Everyone takes turns with HM's code reader, we try yet another port i've found in my engine bay, but to no avail.

We all drive off in our seperate directions and start planning our next meet for 1-2 months time (when it'll actually be 3-4 months)

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 05:14

ok sounds good, espacilly the female bar staff, lol not being the best at geography where winchester?

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 05:59

LOL. They love it. \:D

IMO coming across all the way from Cornwall for one of our SC meets just isn't worth it, maybe Vicks bigger Blue Water meet is, but our meets only tend to last 2-3 hours with about 10 Coupé turning up on the day.

LDI, last year I toyed with the idea of a South Coast drive, start on the east and drive all the way along the coast across to Cornwall. At the time the idea did get some interest but for one reason or another it didn't go ahead. I might look into it again this year and this might be a better way for you guys in Devon and Cornwall to get involved in a meet. ;\) If you interested I would like to talk to someone in Cornwall to arrange something at the end of the drive, like a BBQ. Would you be interested in helping out? \:\) I'd also need a few people/contacts in different places along the coast to help with the mini meets so we can get everyone in a good convoy from every area along the way, but I'll set up a post about all this in April. ;\)

P.S. Winchester is about 8 miles North of Southampton. \:s \:P

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 13:03

ok mate thanks for being honest, yeah that south coast drive sounds awsome, and im def intrested i'll pm you my email address so we can sort out bbq down this neck off the woods, i work for a security ferm and one of the jobs is working on a camp site right next to the beach, so im sure i;ll be able to get some real good rates.

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 14:11

Originally Posted By: Truffle
A typical meet entails the following:

Meet n greet, which used to be when we'd all look at Highwaymans engine bay and wonder how it's so clean.

Breif blast down some country roads.

A breakdown

Several cars getting stuck behind a caravan

Stop at pub, certain owners who shall remain nameless flirt with female barstaff.

Everyone takes turns with HM's code reader, we try yet another port i've found in my engine bay, but to no avail.

We all drive off in our seperate directions and start planning our next meet for 1-2 months time (when it'll actually be 3-4 months)

Ha ha how true! Haven't only been to one meeting since my ownership of the Coupe that is pretty much what happened on the day.

Including my car getting covered in oil after Begbie's engine let go.

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 14:14

I live in Didcot so that would work perfectly for me. Need to get the car booked in for a clutch and new brakes so thats the only issues that would stop me from coming down at the moment. Will keep my eyes peeled for thread updates and will let you know \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 15:10

I live in Didcot

Blimey, didn't realise you were so close, I'm in Wallingford.

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 16:02

Just around the corner, and I dont think i have seen you once in the 3 years (plus) of ownership \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 16:07

RusH, You sound like you're driving the same car as me. Clutch and brakes needed here too \:\( How's your handbrake? mine needs a new cable.

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 16:38

Originally Posted By: Truffle
RusH, You sound like you're driving the same car as me. Clutch and brakes needed here too \:\( How's your handbrake? mine needs a new cable.

Join the club! \:\)

Brakes are under my bed waiting to be fitted (went for the DBA Wiper slot ones).

Clutch is juddering when warm so needs to be done ASAP.

As for the handbrake who doesn’t have problems - it was picked up on the last MOT, and freezes when left on \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 23:21

got my car running again :)so im defenitely coming ! im hoping its not going to break down on the way down lol ! How far is it for evenyone ? its 230 miles for me \:\( .

Re: Next South Meet - 20/02/2008 23:45

I'll be there and I cannot wait! Bring on April!

Re: Next South Meet - 25/02/2008 00:47

Well undoubtably my car will be facing yet more problems but im looking forward to it again, looks like thisll be a great turnout!

Phill

Re: Next South Meet - 26/02/2008 16:40

Guys, would you be interested if i invited some MRC club members along or do we want to keep this coupe exclusive?

Re: Next South Meet - 27/02/2008 02:54

Just bear in mind the size of the pub car park, and the normal problems that we have getting everyone parked up ;\) .

Phil

Re: Next South Meet - 28/02/2008 02:22

how many are actually coming? shall we make a list?

1.nrenz123 - Nathan

Re: Next South Meet - 28/02/2008 03:42

Let's get a list going...

1) Webbo
2) pfoe
3) simonj
5) owl10 ?
6) Truffle
7) kbs133
8) 007
9) nicboy
10) petep
11) karlothen
12) Akeme ?
13) tonyd20vt
14) markyboy

apologies if I have missed anybody, looks like a promising turnout!

A list already exists ;\)

Re: Next South Meet - 28/02/2008 03:49

^ \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 28/02/2008 06:47

1) Webbo
2) pfoe
3) simonj
4) Highwayman in his Alfa
5) owl10 ?
6) Truffle
7) kbs133
8) 007
9) nicboy
10) petep
11) karlothen
12) Akeme ?
13) tonyd20vt
14) markyboy
15) nrenz123

;\)

Re: Next South Meet - 28/02/2008 14:19

1) Webbo
2) pfoe
3) simonj
5) owl10 ?
6) Truffle
7) kbs133
8) 007
9) nicboy
10) petep
11) karlothen
12) Akeme ?
13) tonyd20vt
14) markyboy
15) nrenz123
16) Rush - Provisional - Dependant on a new clutch, fitted brakes and service \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 28/02/2008 17:45

I've disappeared off the list! \:\(

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 28/02/2008 17:55

and the date has dissapeard off the title!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 28/02/2008 17:55

oh now its back, just to make me look like a fool

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 28/02/2008 18:01

Urgh, Jim's touching my posts! Updated the list below with everyone who's expressed an interest.

Re: Next South Meet - 28/02/2008 18:03

1) Webbo
2) pfoe
3) simonj
5) owl10 ?
6) Truffle
7) kbs133
8) 007
9) nicboy
10) petep
11) karlothen
12) Akeme ?
13) tonyd20vt
14) markyboy
15) nrenz123
16) Rush - Provisional - Dependant on a new clutch, fitted brakes and service \:\)
17) Gazza2905
18) DidCoop
19) Carlito?
20) Gaz?
21) shify?
22) Nobby?
23) Gunzi?
24) mrc?
25) sweetride?
26) Gotagreenone?

Re: Next South Meet - 28/02/2008 18:49

Just to confirm, i'll be there and need dent man too! \:\) Mr C

Re: Next South Meet - 28/02/2008 23:49

me to ill be there \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 29/02/2008 02:34

Blimey \:o , if everyone turns up, we are seriously going to have to think about another pub, as there's no way that we will all fit on a Sunday lunchtime, especially with a dent man in tow ;\) .

Phil

Re: Next South Meet - 29/02/2008 02:46

It'll be hard work but if needed ill force myself to spend all this weekend sampling pubs for food/beer quality etc.....

Phill \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 29/02/2008 14:36

Originally Posted By: carlito
me to ill be there \:\)

From Cheshire? Wow, now that's devotion to Coupés \:o

Re: Next South Meet - 29/02/2008 15:22

So where exactly is this taking place? Winchester?

Re: Next South Meet - 29/02/2008 16:06

Room for one more? I'll come along.

Re: Next South Meet - 29/02/2008 16:44

This event looks like its going to be huge - even with the percentage drop out rate.

Cars going to be given a full valet treatment prior to arrival.

Re: Next South Meet - 29/02/2008 17:01

Daniel - yes, Winchester, meeting just off the M3.

1) Webbo
2) pfoe
3) simonj
5) owl10 ?
6) Truffle
7) kbs133
8) 007
9) nicboy
10) petep
11) karlothen
12) Akeme
13) tonyd20vt
14) markyboy
15) nrenz123
17) Gazza2905
18) DidCoop
19) Carlito?
20) Gaz?
21) shifty?
22) Nobby?
23) Gunzi?
24) mrc
25) sweetride?
26) Gotagreenone?
27) IJK
28) Ghost (probable)

Re: Next South Meet - 01/03/2008 09:06

Im definite remember.

Re: Next South Meet - 02/03/2008 18:28

I'm keen! We're gonna need a multi story car park at this rate!

fix-a-dent do location repairs will find out the web site.

Re: Next South Meet - 09/03/2008 18:23

Phil has suggested a good alternative pub about 15 miles north of Winchester, it has 70 odd parking spaces I'll give them a call this week to make sure they are happy and I will chase the dentman I contacted a while back for some pricing info.

If it all looks good I'll post more this week \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 09/03/2008 21:17

Sounds good Webbo \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 11/03/2008 18:34

Damn. They've scheduled a staff meeting for that date. Looks like i'll be a no-no now, unless it gets rescheduled.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 11/03/2008 21:04

CAr could very well be sorted by then.Think thats enough garage time \:P

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 12/03/2008 00:50

i'll have my car back for this too, i'm off work so i should definately be there.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 12/03/2008 02:03

Woo! Another LE kitted red one in attendence....shame its not a 16valver though \:P

Phill

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 12/03/2008 15:50

I think I might be able to make this meet actually, not too far from me (ish). Put me down as a probable. \:\)

Ads

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 01:39

Good news, the Wheatsheaf Hotel, North Waltham, Basingstoke, RG25 2BB is happy to have us on the Sunday as long as we behave ourselves and consume some provender their like usual customers \:\)

It's about 15 miles North on A roads from the meeting place - Tesco's car park M3 J9 Winchester. How about 11am?

The easiest route between Tesco's and the pub looks like mostly dual carriageway so people might want to consider thinking up a more interesting route?

I'll get onto the dent man next week now. If we change any of the details I'll amend the above but I think it's handy to have one oversized post for when people are flicking through trying to find when/where its all happening \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 03:02

Sounds good to me, I'll be coming from oxford way so i dont know what other peoples plans are in my area wether they want to drive down to tesco's or just meet at the pub? Gaz, Ghost, Rush etc...

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 03:03

Nice one Webbo \:\) . Are you thinking that we should leave Tesco at around midday?

I'm sure that I can find a suitable route for a proper drive ;\) .

Phil

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 03:08

Woohoo! Thats literally a few miles from where i am!

Does anyone else live around the Basingstoke area or would you like me to have a look for a decent route around that area?

Phill

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 03:22

Originally Posted By: nrenz123
Sounds good to me, I'll be coming from oxford way so I dont know what other peoples plans are in my area wether they want to drive down to Tesco's or just meet at the pub? Gaz, Ghost, Rush etc...

I'd be up for meeting up then heading down if you fancy it? I'm coming from Aylesbury, so I'd probably be coming via Oxford anyway.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 03:39

Yeah sounds like a plan to me mate!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 12:56

Originally Posted By: Highwayman
Nice one Webbo \:\) . Are you thinking that we should leave Tesco at around midday?

yeah I thought if we chatted for about an hour we should be able to get to the pub before 12:30 when hopefully there will be spaces.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 14:34

Originally Posted By: Ghost
Sounds good to me, I'll be coming from oxford way so I dont know what other peoples plans are in my area wether they want to drive down to Tesco's or just meet at the pub? Gaz, Ghost, Rush etc...

I'd be up for meeting up then heading down if you fancy it? I'm coming from Aylesbury, so I'd probably be coming via Oxford anyway.

I floated the idea of meeting in the car park (MaccyDs I think it is) next to the BP garage at Didcot services just off the A34? Meet there at 10 to head down to Tescos?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 15:20

I floated the idea of meeting in the car park (MaccyDs I think it is) next to the BP garage at Didcot services just off the A34? Meet there at 10 to head down to Tescos?

Yeah, sounds good. So that'll be me (Adam/Ghost), SimonJ and nrenz123 so far. Anyone else coming from near us?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 15:27

Think RusH and Nobby mentioned they might want to convoy down?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 15:37

Cool!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 15:42

Im up for joining the convoy - Didcot BP and timing is perfect for me.

I now have the car booked in for a new clutch on the 26th, DBA brakes fitted as well as a service. No excuse now!

Keeping an eye on this thread for updates.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 19:08

Well done Webbo ;\)

Sounds like it's going to be a good meet \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 23:01

Cheers mate, I feel like Phil's protégé. He has been secretly schooling me in the dark art of supermarket and pub car parks now that he is leaving the coop brethren.

\:D

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 14/03/2008 23:49

should be a very good turn out if all 16 show.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 15/03/2008 00:27

I'm really looking forward to it actually - will be my first meet.

I'm a definite now by the way. \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 15/03/2008 20:53

Cheers mate, I feel like Phil's protégé. He has been secretly schooling me in the dark art of supermarket and pub car parks now that he is leaving the coop brethren.

I think you are right mate.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 16/03/2008 02:52

I'm a definite for that date too! see you there.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 18/03/2008 03:53

If anyone turns up with a red LE i will not be happy! ;\)
Posted By: Benny

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 18/03/2008 04:20

If there,s room can i pop down \:D

Ben

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 18/03/2008 06:56

If you do come benny, let me know i'll bring that money for you.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 18/03/2008 19:16

Course there's room \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 24/03/2008 19:43

can u see the tescos as you come off the motor motorway ?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 24/03/2008 21:01

Yes, it's right by the junction.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 24/03/2008 23:28

The Tescos is on the Winchester side of Junction 9 (of the M3 Truffle \:P \:D !). We normally park up opposite the petrol station, so take the first left as you enter the main entrance, and then left again into the parking area ;\) .

Looks like I'll be in the Coupe after all, as I still have it for the time being...

Phil

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 25/03/2008 00:12

Looking forward ot this, not far away now. Hopefully everyone who has shown interest will show up!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 25/03/2008 22:53

yep, fingers crossed!

Phill

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 29/03/2008 19:17

DENTMAN UPDATE

I spoke to Andy Jewell who is happy to come out providing we can give him a decent amount of work. The usual price is £50 per panel but he will do us a trade price of £30 per panel for cash unless for some reason the panel is a nightmare!

I'll start a list for this because I need to call him midweek to let him know roughly what the demand is.

1) Webbo 2-3 panels \:\(

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 29/03/2008 19:47

Me please - one panel/possibly two dependant on what says.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 29/03/2008 19:51

DENTMAN LIST

1) Webbo 2-3 panels \:\(
2) RusH 1-2 panels

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 31/03/2008 20:14

Two door panels for me, might even be more. Do we need to bring the tools to get the door cards off?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 31/03/2008 22:35

Good question Shifty. I would have thought that was part of the job but I'll double-check midweek \:\)

DENTMAN LIST

1) Webbo 2-3 panels
2) RusH 1-2 panels
3) Shifty 2 panels

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 01/04/2008 23:13

I should be coming along now so see you all there.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 01/04/2008 23:17

Good the hear Gaz :D, you want to drive down to didcot together?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 02/04/2008 00:05

Yes mate, ill sort it out with you at the end of the week when you pick your car up.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 02/04/2008 02:15

OK mate, i'll bring those stickers too.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 02/04/2008 02:27

Fingers crossed ;\) i should be able to make it

Ben

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 02/04/2008 02:43

1-2 panels for me please! \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 02/04/2008 16:03

DENTMAN LIST

1) Webbo 2-3 panels
2) RusH 1-2 panels
3) Shifty 2 panels
4) mrc 1-2 panels

need to make the call tonight, nobody else interested? I doubt it will ever get cheaper than this

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 03/04/2008 01:58

Is there anybody else who is a possibility for the dent man? Even if you don't want to commit but might have a panel done at a later stage it would make it more interesting for him...

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 03/04/2008 02:53

Ok possibly a door if it makes the difference whether he comes or not, but I was going to wait until the whole car is repainted.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 03/04/2008 03:06

Cheers pete, it is just so I can say "plus possibly one or two others"

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 03/04/2008 03:57

im a possible, see when i get my car back

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 03/04/2008 13:14

Thats cool, we have 6-9 panels plus a few possibilities, should be enough

Re: Next South Meet - 03/04/2008 17:03

Have a good one guys, was going to pop over for this - but we have a game on now.

Re: Next South Meet - 04/04/2008 17:22

Weather looks a bit mixed for the Sunday...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3203

Re: Next South Meet - 04/04/2008 17:49

OOh I'll bring my snow chains.... \:o

Re: Next South Meet - 04/04/2008 18:11

Can't wait to stand around in the car park in the hail... \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 04/04/2008 18:23

0-6 oC

Think charge temperatures \:# not human temperatures \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 04/04/2008 20:13

Nice, quicker cars, and snowy roads \:#

Hoped it would be a nice sunny afternoon, nice beer garden etc... \:\(

Re: Next South Meet - 04/04/2008 20:17

The weather seems to have been all over the place recently. Hopefully we will get lucky.
Posted By: oxfordSteve

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 00:26

Are they still taking booking for the dentman?
If so, bung me down for 2 doors!!

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 00:55

Good man steve \:\) cheers

I will bring the camera mount again, if anybody wants to borrow it they are welcome to \:\)

DENTMAN LIST

1) Webbo 2-3 panels
2) RusH 1-2 panels
3) Shifty 2 panels
4) mrc 1-2 panels
5) oxfordSteve 2 panels

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 00:58

Re. dentman

To make it as streamlined as possible, if anybody on the list is in a hurry to leave and if nobody else minds, then I am happy for them to go first. After that we could do it by the number of panels so if you only have 1 panel you aren't waiting around for muppets like me with 3 to do \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 02:54

Its 50/50 if i make it as i have a fair bit on \:\(

I'll see on the morning

Ben

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 15:18

Originally Posted By: Benny
Its 50/50 if i make it as i have a fair bit on \:\(

I'll see on the morning

Same for me, sorry.

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 18:07

I'm hedging my bets about tomorrow as well \:\( . I may just pop up to the Wheatsheaf for a pint after lunch and see who is around, so don't wait for me in Tescos car park ;\) .

I assume that you guys can find their way to the pub without me \:P ! It seems like my young padowan has things very well organised \:D !

Phil

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 18:27

i'll be there, girlfriends coming along for the ride as well

roadworks etc aside we're aiming to get to tesco's around 10.50 am

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 21:13

Have we got definate timings then?

Im tempted to meet everyone at the pub 2moro since i practically live in Basingstoke, however, weather dependent i may meet you all at Tesco,

Phill

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 21:20

Meet at Tesco at 11, aim to get to the pub for 12-12:30 (dent man arrives at 12:30) \:\)

PS, thank you, sensei \:D

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 22:16

the weather forecast for tomorrow is heavy snow \:\( is everyone still meeting ?

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 22:18

I dont think we should let a little bid of bad weather stop us. The forecast I saw said mixed sunny and sleet intervals.

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 22:18

I'm still going! \:\) Should be a lot of fun! Mr C

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 22:34

good good \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 05/04/2008 23:31

The forecast seems to suggest a bit of a sunny spell from late morning until around 3ish, or at least the one on bbc news 24 does.

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 00:01

Got my snow chains ready lol. Car all cleaned and ready to go.

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 00:26

I will be there \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 00:40

as soon as i washed my car its snowed \:\( lol

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 00:47

2 weeks ago the heavens opened with a layer of wax on the car so it made it all smeary. Today I got away with it by minutes

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 00:59

Can anyone come to the meet tomorrow? I've recently moved to Basingstoke and would be keen to come along.

Jon

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 01:12

Ofcourse Jon, do you have a coupe?

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 01:16

yes, I have a Red 98R 20V Turbo.

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 01:18

Where and when are you going to the meet from rangoonyak?

Im also from Basie and if your off to Winchester do you fancy a mini-convoy?

Phill

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 01:45

I was referring to tomorrows meet near Winchester. I’m keen on a mini-convoy. Email me on rangoonyak@hotmail.com to arrange.

Cheers,

jon

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 01:57

Annoyingly my email is down, however i can meet at Basingstoke at about 10.30am?

Phill

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 02:00

Ok, How about Sainsbury's petrol station 10:30am? (on way to M3)

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 02:12

Yep, sounds good to me. See you there at 10.30

Phill

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 02:16

Grit lorries are out in force tonight around here (Bracknell) but i'll be there, But I may also head straight for the pub ;\)

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 02:30

Grit \:mad\: °\( noooooooo!!!

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 02:49

This looks like a no,no for me guys imafraid \:\(

Hope the weather is good for you tomorrow \:\)

Ben

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 11:12

Hmmmm on the basis that there is about 5 inches worth of snow outside my house i dont think i will be breaking the Coupe out today \:\( Roads are going to be a nightmare.

Is anyone else still going to venture out?

SNOW!

MORE!

Edited to say that the car is de-snowed and im leaving in 15 mins \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 12:08

I'm going anyway! Go on Rush, it'll be fine chap, just less spirited driving involved. Imagine the pics, 20+ coupes outside a pub, surrounded by snow!

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 12:20

I'm Still coming!

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 12:52

Theres a good few inches of snow outside my place in Basingstoke too. I'm going to see what happens over the next hour.

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 13:09

Same here, unless it calms down a bit i may give it a miss, saying that i might just go straight to the pub

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 13:15

Come on where's the sense of adventure? \:\) Looks like it's going to take some time to get the snow off the car and what a waste of time cleaning it yesterday BUT it's still gonna be fun see you all! \:\) \:\)

Safe driving ladys, Mr C

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 13:27

Yep i'm going to give it a go, it's melting anyway

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 13:53

its melting away here in Bas too. What you reckon pfoe?

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 14:03

Dent man is still coming \:\)

Re: Next South Meet - 06/04/2008 14:15

Yeah ill be there, i doubt i can meet you at 10.30 any more dude cos ive gotta try and dig my car out!

Phill

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 14:22

same here. I think I'm going to leave at about 11:00. I'm going to go via Sainsburys petrol station anyway.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 14:50

Just started snowing again here \:\( Im gonna carry on trying to dig it out!!!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 18:26

Afraid it was a no go for me, well annoyed.

Measured it as 4 1/2 inches deep with snow and turned my road impassable. Still bloody snowing now, the joys of living out in the sticks!!!

Hope it went well for everyone though.

Kind regards
nic

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 20:24

Just got home. Nice to see everyone and put faces to names.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 20:44

Yep a great meet, thanks to Webbo for sorting out the dent man! \:\) Just need to wash the car before it starts raining! \:\)

Mr C

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 21:21

Good to see everyone and thanks to those who came from afar \:\)

Pity it was so cold, hopefully a summer one will be nicer.

I was impressed with Andy (dent man) seemed like a nice guy and did a very good job. Shame a few of my bigger dents were inaccessible or simply too bad \:\( ah well, at least the doors look great \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 21:27

I forgot to add, whoever pulled up behind me (sprint blue) at the pub left quite a big oil puddle but I cant remember who it was? \:\(

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 21:35

Good to see everyone! Nice convoy from Oxford way, bit of sketchy high-speed driving in snow is always a laugh. \:\/

The oil puddle would be from Simonjs car I think - he mentioned an ongoing undiagnosed oil leak.

Shame about not getting pub food - me Gaz and Nrez had a lovely romantic McDonalds on the way back \:#

Ads

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 21:54

It was indeed a very good day out all in all. Nice to meet lots of new faces as well as the older ones.

The pre Oxford meet and convoy was rather interesting - always fun with passers by giving strange looks as the Coupe convoy passes.

Some interesting directions to the pub from Tesco's with sat navs taking us through a very random route.

The Dent man was a very nice guy as well, definately would recomend and use again.

Didnt take that many pictures though i've attached the ones i have from my phone.

Pre Oxford meeting....
Tescos line up...
Tesco line up 2
Tesco line up front
Pub...

Fingers crossed for nicer weather next time!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 22:07

Yep was good to see you all chaps. I just wanted to re-assure you all the my car is Green and not white.

I've given it a little clean now so its all shiney again.

P.S I'm starving....

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 22:43

Was great to see such a big turn out, apologies for the late arrival bloody snow was a nightmare here!!!

Phill

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 22:47

I think we single handedly brought the traffic to a standstill in Basingstoke! That woman in the BMW was NOT happy lol.

Was a good day despite the shite weather in the morning, it was lovely in the afternoon though.

Good to meet everyone, less red cars next time though yeah?

P.s Carlito your a mentalist!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 22:54

I think we single handedly brought the traffic to a standstill in Basingstoke! That woman in the BMW was NOT happy lol.

Ha ha. she was only made to wait about 2 minutes before we all moved on. Typical BMW drivers \:\)

I can second that!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 23:00

Driving down was a ightmare with the snow and spray, it was literally a case of aim between the red lights in front, and hope for the best. i didnt swap lanes for about a mile i didnt want to cross the slush!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 06/04/2008 23:35

good to put some names to faces, lunch at the pub was nice too, and cheers for the crisps! lol.

where is all this snow??
i arrived home in just jeans and t shirt, not a cloud in sight. lucky for some i guess!!! \:P

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 00:12

The dent man is dead to me! i was busy chatting away, then i turned around and he was hitting my car with a hammer!

Only messing he was a top bloke!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 00:22

Few pictures here - lovingly uploaded by my (flu-ridden) fiance!

Snow at home

I didn't take this driving, honest...

Few cars at Tescos

Few more

And more!

Alllll the cars

And all the beauties once more

As said - I can't believe how sunny and warm it was on the way back - in stark contrast to the morning run. Dragged myself out to rinse down the car when I got back, as I think Steel Grey acts as a magnet for salt and general road grime!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 00:58

I agree i wonder if he got laid and if he made it home??

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 01:04

Any opinions of the led lights?

Ross

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 01:06

Originally Posted By: h2ypr
Any opinions of the led lights?

Ross

They looked good Ross.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 01:10

Mine looked better tho ;\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 01:15

Another big thanks to all that attended and put up with my constant questions (what’s that silver thing there, what discs/tyres/exhaust are you running)
Came away with loads of knowledge, just what a new owner needed. Would advise anyone who has limited experience to get along to one of these, even if the roads are fccuking dangerous and the council forgets to grit them!!!
I felt slightly virginal pulling away tonight after all the bigger boys had screamed off down the DC, mine was stone cold and want to keep the turbo from smoking…plus being the only coupe with a standard exhaust it was so quiet, Webbo’s had me checking my stereo!!!
Dent man idea was golden, thanks to all who organised. Looking forward to the next one already.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 01:23

Don't worry Shifty, my exhaust is standard too! \:\) Watch out, that modding bug is very contagious! \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 01:36

Well with the help of Webbo (if he's interested ;\) ) we may have to see if we can do this a bit more often and maybe for once i can get to a full one!!!!

Phill

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 01:46

Oh that'd be a great photo if I wasn't stood right in the middle necking a bottle of Frijj \:D

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 01:49

Haha...but was it a good bottle of Frijj \:D

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 02:35

I saw nobby had 2 bottles of Frijj! \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 03:27

Who's that extremely tall welsh person in that photo?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 03:44

im home everybody no need to worry lol!
i had a do with i bmw on the way to my exs \:\) he chickened out at 145 lol i was still going strong !
ive done today 579 miles \:\( and sent 117 pound in fuel lol at lest i got my shag lol
but on a light note its been a great day! your all sound guys.
ps im not that mad \:\)
pss i think we should do a piss up meet \:\) lol it would be a great laugh !

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 06:47

you going to bring the girl with the big norks? \:P

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 07:48

you going to bring the girl with the big norks? \:P

I'll clear my diary for that meet and even bring my own camera. ;\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 13:06

Originally Posted By: mrc
I saw nobby had 2 bottles of Frijj! \:\)

It was two for the price of one deal, it'd be rude not too. Besides I'm still growing \:D

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 13:30

I'll see if my photographer mate will come and take some piccies for us next time!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 13:35

Sounds like a good idea. When my lovely clean car was covered on crap about a mile later I kind of lost all interest in taking pictures.

So the question is when's the next one \:D

And if Carl comes this time he has to be at the back of the convoy to keep him in check \:\) \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 13:35

Spandex optional. Gaz.... \:P

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 13:37

Something we don't know about \:\? \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 13:38

Will Carl make it? at the current rate i doubt he will have many panels left \:P

I was going to clean mine when i got back yesterday but i'd been driving since half 8. sat on my bed, had a few cans and was out cold shortly after.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 14:01

Same time next month perhaps???

17th of May? Only this time see if we can get some food at the pub.

We'll get a stockpile of Frijj in for the "growing" man and be great if your photog mate could come along mate.

And hopefully there'll be no appearences featuring Gaz in spandex, i dont think we wanna know!!! lol!

Phill

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 14:15

I have some video footage to review at lunchtime and if it is decent I'll post it up later.

I'm sure Andy will be happy to come along any time as long as there are a few panels to do \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 14:59

Yeah I'd definitely be up for another one - I do need panels doing actually, so if Andy could make it again that'd be ideal.

May sounds good to me! Maybe a pub with a larger car park? Not sure of the area really. Unless everyone fancied coming to Oxford.... ;\)

Ads

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 16:38

Some more pictures from Tesco's car park.

Pic 1

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 17:03

Was good to see everyone and convoy down.

Webbo, it was my car that left the oil. I think I might have an idea as to the source of the leak, I think there is a split in a hose at the top of the block - Gaz, I'll give you a ring and see if I can book it in.

Cheers

Simon \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 17:42

Really gutted i couldnt make this meet, but weather and the state of my car at the moment just put me off. Will hopefully come along to the next one and maybe some one could set my ebc up \:D

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 17:49

Originally Posted By: sweetride
Really gutted i couldnt make this meet, but weather and the state of my car at the moment just put me off. Will hopefully come along to the next one and maybe some one could set my ebc up \:D

The meet was only 30 miles or so from me and i was considering not going out on the basis of the weather! It was only the peer pressure from everyone on here that made me get the snow shoes on head on out \:\) Yeovil is slightly further to travel \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 19:23

Video is uploaded. Apologies for the movie size and the fact that most of it is of me and Carlito \:D

4.8mb - Nice noise!

7.6mb - It's OK, it's an ambulance \:D

7.3mb - Carlito, Pete & Owl10 \:\)

4.3mb - Basingstoke snarl-up

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 19:32

LOL at Carl - does he ever slow down! \:\)
Posted By: Matthew

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 20:44

Breaks my heart to have missed this one - curse the missus.

What happened at Basingstoke!?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 20:51

Just driving around getting lost, stopping in lay bys, blocking entrances and annoying BMW drivers.

The usual from us lot \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 20:52

Gutted i missed the driving side of things, i think we need to have a Southern road chaos meet \:D

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 20:53

Compared to the last meet the driving was very well behaved!!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 22:10

Apologies for the fact that most of it is of Carlito overtaking stuff.

Edited for accuracy \:D

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 22:53

Whats this about me being in spandax?? Is there someting you want to tell me Nathen?? Simon give us a ring and we will book it in and have a look at this pipe you are talking about.

Well up for other meet got to get Carl to come down again lol

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 23:12

Webbo whats the spec of your car?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 23:23

Not talking to me Nathen? \:\?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 23:26

LOL awww sorry mate, i think i had a moment of weakness with the spandex \:P

That woman in the range rover really cut me up coming off the rounabout by the bp garage in oxford, i was not happy!

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 07/04/2008 23:49

I saw you sitting up her arse,then over taking her.

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 00:12

Have to say (Gaz and Carlito in particular), I really HAVE to get my car sounding better. The noise as you two went blasting past was epic.... \:#

-wanders off to look at the blueflame GB....-

Ads

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 00:13

You know it makes sense Ghost, mmm coop noise \:D

Phill

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 00:19

Webbo whats the spec of your car?

Performance wise - Ported GtiR turbo, PA FMIC & SIP with Apexi, GTEC2 HF, Greddy, Peco Decat, Walbro with wiring mod, ported manifold, err think thats it \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 00:19

Apologies for the fact that most of it is of Carlito overtaking stuff.

Edited for accuracy \:D

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 01:01

Have to say (Gaz and Carlito in particular), I really HAVE to get my car sounding better. The noise as you two went blasting past was epic.... \:#

-wanders off to look at the blueflame GB....-

Ads

Its all about the noise, come to the dark side. ;\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 01:08

yep the dark side is good \:\) ! ill be down next meet, im just hoping that there isnt any snow \:\( and my car stays clean!

ps and abit of racing lol \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 01:09

oh yeah, what is up with my overtaking lol ????

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 02:04

I cant think of anything wrong with it \:D

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 14:37

What happened to Kev? \:\?

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 08/04/2008 16:07

Can't believe I missed this. \:\(

No excuse and can't blame the snow. I was out the night before and got wasted. I woke up on a kitchen floor the next morning in my mate’s house.

Mrs still not talking to me. Ohhhh well there is always next time \:\)

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 09/04/2008 00:45

[quote=Webbo]

- Carlito, Pete & a sprinty blue (sorry there were a few!)

thats me, i suddenly noticed pete was taking the slip road off the m3, and i had absolutely no idea where we were going, and didn't want to be at the front, lol (sorry!) \:D

webbo, \:# the sound of your car

Re: Next South Meet- 6th April. - 09/04/2008 02:07

It looked like that was the case \:D

My car's sound is weird, it doesn't really sound like a coop and definitely pulls best when really high in the revs when it is screaming!

Next South Meet Sunday 18th May? - 14/04/2008 14:31

BUUUMMMMMP \:D

Sunday 18th of May anyone for the next?

Obviously dependent on whether Webbo fancies helping me sorting it as Phil's prodigé

Interest below please \:D

Phill

Re: Next South Meet Sunday 18th May? - 14/04/2008 15:22

Im on holiday for that weekend so wont be able to attend.

Re: Next South Meet Sunday 18th May? - 14/04/2008 15:39

You'll be fine mate, I'm taking a back seat on this one because I will be in Italy until the 17th. Would be quite nice to do it in a slightly different area too.

Start the big pub carpark hunt \:D

Re: Next South Meet Sunday 18th May? - 14/04/2008 16:16

Dependent on our house move, yes from me. Maybe start a new thread? \:\)

Re: Next South Meet Sunday 18th May? - 14/04/2008 19:06

Phill,

18th May would be great for me.

I am sure Webbo would love to help \:\)

Re: Next South Meet Sunday 18th May? - 14/04/2008 23:14

Can I suggest a new thread for the May date ;\) . Just a little bit of advice from your mentor to help drum up more people \:D !

Phil

Re: Next South Meet Sunday 18th May? - 14/04/2008 23:19

New thread is here.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK