Fiat Coupe Club UK

someone on here who took CG Motorsport to court?

Posted By: Anonymous

someone on here who took CG Motorsport to court? - 07/08/2017 20:17

Hi Guys,

Wasn't there someone on here who had clutch issues from "CG motorsport" (I use quotes as that's not their actual LTD company name and isn't displayed on the website or invoices...) who ended up taking them to small claims court?

if so, who are you? what was your grievance and the result?

by all means PM me
Posted By: knight7660

Re: someone on here who took CG Motorsport to court? - 09/08/2017 20:15

Whats the issue Jonny? I remember the thread about it swell he said it was poorly made etc and he approached them asking why he said the customer service wasn't very good.

I personally have never had an issue with them I'm on my 4th clutch for fiat coupes plus 2 honda civic type R's, 1 Integra DC2, BMW E86 Z4 and a Focus ST.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: someone on here who took CG Motorsport to court? - 05/09/2017 09:18

*update*

Went back and forth over email with Mick at CG motorsport as my clutch clearly had two rivets fail due to a manufacturing fault. The guy was adamant that he would win in court and would not refund/replace as the clutch even though it was less than 6 months old. He believes he can offer a 90 day warranty, whereas in reality this is not true as i'm protected under the consumer rights act and he is subject to the sale of goods act.

Long story short, one phone call from JBT to CG motorsport and a new clutch was sent immediately. So lots of thanks go to JBT for getting involved.

I have a new clutch now, although the invoice said "replaced due to goodwill" when in fact it legally would have needed to be replaced and there was no "goodwill" required.

either way. It's sorted, for now!
Posted By: knight7660

Re: someone on here who took CG Motorsport to court? - 06/09/2017 19:25

good to hear it Jonny shame you had trouble as well hope i never.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK