Fiat Coupe Club UK

vibra technics engine mounts

Posted By: patrickstar

vibra technics engine mounts - 13/09/2017 21:38

Has anyone used the vibra technics engine mounts on their car and if so was it the full kit or single items.
what difference did it make, to cabin noise, vibrations, handling etc.
did you go for the Fast road or compitition set up and is it worth the money. I take it the full kit is 3 pieces. Also any one had problems with fitting / clearence etc.
Thanks
Posted By: Nigel

Re: vibra technics engine mounts - 14/09/2017 04:23

I have the full set fitted - fast road.

They definitely increase the noise and vibrations to the cabin, but not enough to make it too intrusive. I still cruised 1,000 miles to LeMans and back in comfort.

For me, the cost was OK, as I was getting through standard mounts at an alarming rate, especially the rear mount.

No problems with fitting - they are a straight replacement

If you're running a standard car exclusively on the road (i.e. No track days), then I would recommend new standard mounts over Vibra Technics
Posted By: patrickstar

Re: vibra technics engine mounts - 14/09/2017 07:02

Thanks Nigel
it has occasional use on the track and road spends most of it's life in a garage, I use my none turbo for daily use.
My car has powerflex black series bushings, whiteline rear Arb suspension upgrades braces etc so it's quite harsh anyway, but I do like the feedback I get .
so this would be one of the last mods I do before I move on to power upgrades.
Posted By: andyps

Re: vibra technics engine mounts - 14/09/2017 08:01

I've got the fast road ones in mine and they are OK in terms of vibration, can't say I particularly noticed a difference but I had quite a few things done at the same time including Eibach ARBs and new rear subframe. Plus I hadn't driven the car for just over six months when I got them done. No idea about fitting because Joe at FCSS did them for me when he was doing the other work.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: vibra technics engine mounts - 23/09/2017 15:19

I've also got the fast roads set and I didn't notice a huge difference in road noise, however I have a stainless exhaust and Eibachs and Bilsteins fitted too.

I only went this route as one of mine was shot, so decided to do the lot as a fit and forget upgrade.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: vibra technics engine mounts - 25/09/2017 06:22

Originally Posted By Gunzi

I only went this route as one of mine was shot, so decided to do the lot as a fit and forget upgrade.

Yeah... I've had two of he gearbox mounts fail now. One within warranty (which they replaced) and one a good 6 months out of warranty.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK