Fiat Coupe Club UK

Colour choice

Posted By: Parcelmonkey

Colour choice - 30/09/2017 07:18

Morning gents , quick question from a newbie looking to buy 1st coop....
Does the colour efffect price ? I.e. Some colours more popular / stay away from?

Cheers for your help
Posted By: williamsdad

Re: Colour choice - 02/10/2017 09:04

Personally I don't think colour affects price because its a personal thing, depends what the buyer is into... the only thing that affects price really is condition, history and whether its a special edition.
Posted By: Dan

Re: Colour choice - 02/10/2017 09:09

Unless it's a rare colour like Crono or Pearl White.
Posted By: Parcelmonkey

Re: Colour choice - 02/10/2017 13:50

Thanks a lot , cheers for the replies 👍
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: Colour choice - 06/10/2017 21:05

I love all the Coupe colours except silver. Silver cars look to me like they are waiting for the top coat.
Posted By: neil_r

Re: Colour choice - 09/10/2017 07:10

Originally Posted By AnnieMac
I love all the Coupe colours except silver. Silver cars look to me like they are waiting for the top coat.

smile

Mine is silver with tan leather and to me the shape and colour made it look like it was made from a solid block of metal (until I took it to the first car park!).

We went to the Frankfurt motor show in Autumn 1997 and the Pininfarina stand had a coupe 20VT, a Ferrari 456 and a few other cars that they built at the time. The complete stand was silver and tan. I guess that one of the famous design centres did not think it was a bad colour choice.

But we should buy what we like and not what others think is right smile

Putting a beautifully crafted shape in shape-hiding black has never made any sense to me. Almost any other colour is better ...
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Colour choice - 09/10/2017 08:28

Colour is of course subjective. I didn't really like Silver and have in fact said I would never have a silver car. But my kia Soul was a 'kind of silver' but with grey/greenish tinge depending on the light.

An now I have LE0173 and it's not Silver. It's Steel grey crazy

but i love it smile

I think Silver is the best colour really laugh

Re: Colour choice - 09/10/2017 08:51

Yep, colour is very subjective. However, it just amazes me how few people choose a colour when buying a new car. Black, grey, silver or white makes up over 80% of sales in most western countries. So boring frown

Silver is a safe choice but is now boring because it is so common. I still think that "steel grey" suites the coupe though.

White is going in the same direction as silver but I like it more than black. It is a bit characterless but at least not shapeless.

Certain colours really suit certain cars while looking crap on others. One needs to specify the "right" colour for a car to show it in its best light. Not many seem to dare frown
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Colour choice - 09/10/2017 10:29

Agree wholeheartedly with that and if Hanny hadn't died i was thinking of painting him in one of Renaults Reds. I don't know what Renault have done with their paint but it's bloody fantastic cool
A few others like Mazda are catching up now though - very shiney cool

Re: Colour choice - 09/10/2017 10:51

Renault and Mazda have promoted their reds well and red in general seems to be making a comeback, as does bronze/sand/brown, which can look anything from exquisite to sh...

I guess the other obvious barrier is the not insubstantial extra for a metallic colour that is the norm these days.
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: Colour choice - 09/10/2017 21:25

Moon grey is quite different to silver. Moon grey looks cool.

I did drive a little Rover that was silver and nothing looks worse than silver with rust!

I hope that modern red cars won't fade like my 1997 Skoda did, it ended up matt pink!

Re: Colour choice - 10/10/2017 06:12

Flat greys seem to be making a comeback too but most look like battleship grey to me and I would rather have something more striking frown

Have a look at this:

http://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Prestatyn_Hill_1.jpg

To me, the "steely" looks more "expensive" for the want of a better word.

The only coupe colour I don't like is that pale metallic blue ...

Metallic reds seem to hold up well. It's the flat reds that seem to be susceptible to fading. However, if the lacquer goes, the original colour is no longer relevant frown
Posted By: Genic

Re: Colour choice - 19/10/2017 09:09

Originally Posted By came2dance
Agree wholeheartedly with that and if Hanny hadn't died i was thinking of painting him in one of Renaults Reds. I don't know what Renault have done with their paint but it's bloody fantastic cool
A few others like Mazda are catching up now though - very shiney cool

I beat you to it mate red 1
red 2

Although I agree renault are making great colours
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK