Fiat Coupe Club UK

Australian Recidivist back in the fold

Posted By: Anonymous

Australian Recidivist back in the fold - 06/01/2018 07:43

Hi All

After a couple of years of being Coupe-less, having sold my Silver 20VT to fund the purchase of a 1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V, I have succumbed to the charms once again.

I've just shipped another 1997 20VT from NSW to Western Australia. It's formerly the NSW Fiat Club President's car, and is fitted with leather trim. Mileage is 190k km but it has been well looked after.

There are a few little issues to sort out but I've got through the main ones and have now had it registered in W.A. . Currently replacing the head unit with a DAB+ bluetooth item, and trying to un-stick a very stiff upper vent rotary lever (behind the centre console). Tips gratefully received.

Car will be my daily driver for the time being. I'm already falling in love with the sound and performance of these cars once again.

This is one of only two Fiat Coupes in W.A., the other being my former silver one.

Happy to be back on the forum, and I'll probably be a bit more active than in the last couple of years!

Perthling
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Australian Recidivist back in the fold - 06/01/2018 08:10

Welcome back smile

If it's the flap you're referring to behind the air vents in the centre console I've found that its sponge rubber surround can become displaced, I think through the adhesive melting - I guess that's more likely where you are!
Posted By: tim16v

Re: Australian Recidivist back in the fold - 06/01/2018 11:50

Pics please!
Posted By: Scuderia

Re: Australian Recidivist back in the fold - 07/01/2018 09:55

two years since you sold the silver one - wow time flys! That's a great looking Coupe you have now.

Re: Australian Recidivist back in the fold - 17/01/2018 23:49

Minor typical issues identified and resolved so far:
Switches on centre console pushing in through failure of plastic fixings - fixed by reforming and redrilling fixing points.
Grille slat supports broken (have been fixed previously) - regluing.
Head unit replaced with a DAB+ radio with Bluetooth.
Moisture ingress to LH front fog light assembly after significant summer rains - removed, dried and reinstalled.

Other things still to address:
Alarm system and fob are flaky and appear to be the original UK dealer fitment. Will either remove altogether or replace.
Stuck upper vent flap isn't the flap itself but the dial part on the LHS inside the console which is very stiff to rotate. I've manually moved the position to open the upper and lower vents simultaneously but the dial is unable to be moved from this position at present. Access to that dial is very difficult with the dashboard in place. Not sure what I will do to address that.

Have just done a 250km round trip down south of WA, she didn't break a sweat and temp gauges reading on the low side (could be truth, or temps could actually be low).
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Australian Recidivist back in the fold - 18/01/2018 05:48

Sounds fabulous, it can be very satisfying sorting the little things!

Do you know how many Coupes there are in Oz?

Re: Australian Recidivist back in the fold - 18/01/2018 10:26

Current wisdom is 23. Three in Speed Red.
Posted By: Boosted7

Re: Australian Recidivist back in the fold - 19/01/2018 10:55

Might be 24 now. Mine came over with me in October, in Brisbane.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK