Fiat Coupe Club UK

Bilstein dampers - Spring options.

Posted By: Barmybob

Bilstein dampers - Spring options. - 10/06/2018 08:02

I currently have apex springs on the bilstein sports dampers. I am looking to try and get the car to be a little less track orientated and more road focussed. For me it is currently a little too low and too hard for smooth progress on UK B roads. I would like to go softer.

Has anyone tried the standard softer springs with the sports dampers, or should I just replace the whole lot for brand new standard?

I am just a little worried about the car going too high, sort some reason some coupes look like they are on stilts.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Bilstein dampers - Spring options. - 10/06/2018 14:59

Bob, This thread, originally by Cosmograph, has a huge review of different options.

One other possibility I’d Joe had some springs made which were lower but believe they were softer than Eibachs.
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Bilstein dampers - Spring options. - 10/06/2018 20:59

OK that thread brought back some memories...

I actually have the Eibach Springs (16vT version) and the B6 Bilstein Dampers.

It would appear that for a bit more comfort and softer ride STANDARD springs would be my best option laugh

Cheers Chris.
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Bilstein dampers - Spring options. - 11/06/2018 07:01

I think the B6 were designed to be used with the standard springs anyway Bob. That would be the direction i would head for. When i had the lowered Eibach's paired with the B6, it certainly didn't feel like the damping rates were made for each other. There was way too much preload on the dampers with the weight of the car on it..making the damping travel that much less.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK