Fiat Coupe Club UK

Back from the brink.

Posted By: Anonymous

Back from the brink. - 12/07/2018 16:25

Hello again folks.

Eighteen months ago I had `an accident`. I wasn`t in a car.
I don`t want to recount the experience in any depth... but I nearly lost an eye and i`m still visiting the dentist... every two weeks till September.
Now that i`m making the psychological recovery, i`ve decided it`s time to get the coupe back on the road or I might have to buy a slightly modified plus!

I have been putting the car back together gently since just after ths disc covers turned up out of the blue a while back. I`d quite forgotten the whole thing till that point.
If things go according to plan I can fund a fairly major restoration by the end of 2019, back on the road in 2020.
smile

(re the project thread, sorry about the pictures and for those that were interested sorry again as I don`t plan to do any more blow by blow updates. Hopefully there will be a timelapse video instead)
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Back from the brink. - 13/07/2018 07:03

Good to know you're on the mend Jon, I look forward to see your updates on the rebuild, stick with it thumb
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Back from the brink. - 13/07/2018 09:17

Sorry to hear of the bad stuff Jon, good you're back on here to parade LEmental's progress!

The bumblebees still adorn the coat hooks btw cool
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Back from the brink. - 14/07/2018 14:13

Glad to hear all the bees alive and well. smile
I will have to go back on FB, I think I can link to a public gallery for pictures.

Joe - will PM you in the near future as I have a couple of parts availability queries before I move the car and to offer you some bribes for your help. laugh

Thank-you for your thoughts. I will do an update soon of the things done lately when I can link to pictures.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK