Fiat Coupe Club UK

Had a mare! HELP!

Posted By: sebasteeno

Had a mare! HELP! - 11/10/2017 13:28

My 20vt conversion was dropping a cylinder when warm and it was found to be a problem with injector one as it's not pulsing. So I bought a new injector and got my mate to fit it last night. Anyway the clip holding the injector broke in half and the broken half fell down the injector hole!!!!

The hole is too small to get one of those telescopic magnets down so what are the options?
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Had a mare! HELP! - 11/10/2017 13:34

A knitting needle with blue tack on the end? Make sure blue tack is well fixed.
Hoover?
Smaller magnet.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Had a mare! HELP! - 11/10/2017 13:39

A strong vacuum-like a vax would probably pull it out very quickly with very little fuss.

Hope it works out.

MM
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: Had a mare! HELP! - 11/10/2017 14:00

8250 rpm should shift it laugh
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Had a mare! HELP! - 11/10/2017 14:39

Remove the plenum, it doesn't take long, 2x 8mm bolts, 5x doughnut clips, best to be safe then sorry.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Had a mare! HELP! - 11/10/2017 15:01

Reminds of my old Fiat 850 when I dropped a 10mm nut into the inlet "manifold" (part of the cylinder head) having just done a cylinder head decoke. I thought I would try to "blow" it out by whipping off the exhaust and starting the engine. All it did was rattle around in the cylinder, but the noise, it was incredible ooo

Luckily I am a bit older and wiser now. Do as Joe says.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Had a mare! HELP! - 11/10/2017 15:12

I'd take off one of the other clips just to confirm it's magnetic and then get a smaller magnetic (or claw style) pickup tool, you'll definitely be able to get one that fits down the hole.

If that fails or you need it done ASAP then remove the entire intake manifold as said above. Problem with doing that would be if it's not there when you get the manifold off... you'll never know if it fell out while you were disassembling things or if it's gone past the valve into the cylinder.
Posted By: sebasteeno

Re: Had a mare! HELP! - 19/10/2017 16:39

Well we removed inlet and could find nothing. we fished about with magnets for a while and nothing. So we put it back together and started it............

And now its knackered. Its banging its tits off from the what sounds like the camshaft

Ive bought a borescope and there are slight markings on top of the piston so a leading coupe guy reckons the metal piece could be buried in the head so its going have to come off
click to enlarge
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Had a mare! HELP! - 19/10/2017 19:46

Did you remove just the plenum or also the don'nuts and inlet manifold, could you see right down the inlet ducts up to the valve?

Looks like your mate is in a lot of trouble, are you still talking?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK