Fiat Coupe Club UK

Wire harnesses

Posted By: Anonymous

Wire harnesses - 10/11/2017 02:37

All my connectors, fuse holders and some insulation of the wire harnesses in the engine bay are falling apart. I am driving the only 20VT in Singapore and I have tried in vain to get replacements.

Do anyone have a recommendation where I can get replacement set of harnesses?
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Wire harnesses - 10/11/2017 13:00

You may be able to get a complete harness from CountryCruising (don't know if he has them) but beware there are at least three different harnesses and they're not interchangeable.

They do come in three or four separate chunks, which simplifies things a bit, but there are some really annoying connections between what look like separate harnesses... for the engine department there are two main harnesses and a number of smaller sub-assemblies.

If you end up having to make something, I believe most if not all of the connectors are available; most are either TYCO/AMP sealed types or Junior Timer connections. There are some connections - mostly but not all ground wires - which are ultrasonically welded in the loom; you'll have to find them yourself (they're listed in the diagrams but not their locations).
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wire harnesses - 19/11/2017 06:39

Thank you, barnacle!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK