Fiat Coupe Club UK

Not starting, diag machine "No communication"

Posted By: Anonymous

Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 07/12/2017 22:14

Hi guys, my problem is my car (20vt) turns over healthy but won't even try to start. I've had it plugged into a diags machine a few weeks ago, the diags machine worked fine and came back with 2 faults (boost strategy & camshaft circuit relay, I fixed the boost strategy).

Since replacing my rocker gasket a few week back (breaking my air charge pipe which I've now replaced) my car won't start.

So today I've had it plugged into the same diags machine and now it won't communicate with my ecu. This worked fine when my car was running few weeks back but now says "No communication".

I can't hear fuel pump primeing, can't smell fuel, checked the relays under passenger dashboard and 1 in engine bay and they don't tick when ignition is switched on, no warning lights infact I'm thinking some dash lights don't come on that used too for a second (injector light and a key symbol light)

All I did was change rocker cover and It idle'd rough for a few minutes then died. I noticed today that I've trapped one of the loom wires that goes to the individual coil packs, it's torn the sleeve exposing the wires but not cut into the wires. It was trapped under the plug cover, could that have shorted something?

I don't think my car has immobilize and definitely no alarm.

Re: Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 07/12/2017 22:57

EFI maxi fuse probably blown due to coil pack wiring shorting on cam cover.

The 4 maxi fuses are the big ones in the small, covered fuse box behind the battery. Check them all but my guess is EFI (Electronic fuel injection) fuse is blown.

Re: Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 08/12/2017 06:30

Oh no I forgot about them 4 fuses, must be the only ones I havnt checked. Thanks Graham I'll check when it's daylight

Re: Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 08/12/2017 07:07

Result, I found the 40 amp ignition fuse has blown. Thanks Graham, any idea where I can buy these big style fuses? or do small car shops sell them?

Re: Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 08/12/2017 09:15

They're standard maxi fuses so should be available anywhere you can buy automotive fuses, although I see Halfords only seems to show 20A, 80A and 100A. Eurocarparts have a full range including 30A and 40A.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 08/12/2017 09:42

Benyon pm me your address and I'll pop a maxi fuse in the post.

Re: Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 08/12/2017 10:42

Fixed Graham, thanks alot you're awesome.

Re: Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 08/12/2017 10:43

Just been out and bought 2 countrycruising, it's fixed my problem too thanks though.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 08/12/2017 10:45

thumb

Re: Not starting, diag machine "No communication" - 08/12/2017 12:21

Been out for a test drive it feels like it might be misfiring, no power but smooth, no sputtering. Having it plugged in tonight so hopefully that'll tell me something.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK