Fiat Coupe Club UK

sunroof wont open ????

Posted By: Anonymous

sunroof wont open ???? - 13/03/2018 19:04

would appreciate some help on this one, my sunroof is showing no signs of life checked the fuse and plugged in a brand new motor I am not very good on electrics so any suggestions would be great my car is a 1997 20vt . Coming to the end of a mini resto 1 previous owner 42k met red . love
Posted By: neil_r

Re: sunroof wont open ???? - 14/03/2018 06:37

Mine stops at times and pressing the relays under the steering wheel sometimes sorts it. Maybe there is a poor connection or a weak relay even though something tells me the sunroof relay is not there. Worth a check anyway. It could also be a worn switch. Also worth checking.
Posted By: mr_nobut

Re: sunroof wont open ???? - 14/03/2018 12:08

Hi, isn't there a relay under the switch in the gear housing tunnel.
Mine used to buzz sometimes when pressing the switch so took it out and cleaned up contacts.
Also I guess it could be the switch itself! Joe will have a spare…Don't suppose anyones got a spare sunroof glass as my frame is falling to bits and leaks!! cry
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: sunroof wont open ???? - 21/03/2018 18:42

Check the switch itself as I was swapping relays to no avail before a simple switch swap sorted it
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: sunroof wont open ???? - 22/03/2018 11:17

Does it tilt but not open, or not move at all?

Sometimes a very gentle hand (finger) pushing the glass up to start the tilt function will get things going.

I'm not sure if the electric motor can catch some moisture and get a bit of rust/catch a set- but its a little used motor often just sitting unused for very long periods of time.

When its back working - re-greasing the running gear and making sure the frame is lined up tight and true all helps ensure smooth opening and closing.

Regards
Posted By: barnacle

Re: sunroof wont open ???? - 22/03/2018 21:24

Don't forget that it can be moved manually by removing the little cover behind the courtesy light and applying a large screwdriver.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK