Fiat Coupe Club UK

20V na non starter

Posted By: Heatseeker

20V na non starter - 09/05/2018 08:32

hi all hope you can help..i m having problems getting my na to start ..no injector or key code lights on ..Ive reset the timing properly so while the rocker cover was off today ive been checking the voltage from the connectors to the injectors but not getting 12 volts ..is this what it should be? I also noticed that the throttle position gets warm with the key at MAR ..Is this normal or is this yet another gremlin i need to sort out ...thanks in advance
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 20V na non starter - 09/05/2018 08:37

A normal NA, not a VIS?

Assuming a normal NA, probably a dodgy injection relay, that's one of the 2 (the fuel pump relay being the other one) above the ECU in passenger footwell.

Both those relays (and the fuel pump fuse beside them) have to be OK to allow starting.

Or maybe the EFI maxi fuse if there's a lot more dead in addition to the injectors.

Re: 20V na non starter - 09/05/2018 08:41

thanks Graham i;ll go and check that now ...thanks for the fast response

Re: 20V na non starter - 09/05/2018 08:47

If it's the injection relay you won't hear the fuel pump priming when ignition is turned on, so that's another clue.

Re: 20V na non starter - 09/05/2018 09:29

Hi Graham ..is normal for the TPS to get warm? ..i now have 12v to the injectors ..i changed the relays

Re: 20V na non starter - 09/05/2018 09:37

The TPS is a variable resistor so it might get a little warm.

If you just swapped the 2 relays around then sounds like the injection relay was faulty and now you've switched it to fuel pump relay so you'll now get power at injectors but no fuel pump.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK