Fiat Coupe Club UK

Scorpion alarm gone AWOL.

Posted By: sharman

Scorpion alarm gone AWOL. - 08/07/2018 17:19

I need help. I know this should be In the alarm section but if I can't get this sorted I'm walking to work tomorrow which becomes a technical issue.
Ive taken my centre facia off to repaint. No probs there. After putting it back in and reconnecting the stereo suddenly my alarm (scorpion) is going off. Not sounding, and no indicators flashing, just the ticking from under the dash. If I put the indicators on I get disco lights. The fob has a new battery and has never failed to work. Now won't talk to the car. What in that centre facia could I have disturbed for the fob to not receive?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Scorpion alarm gone AWOL. - 08/07/2018 18:11

If you mean the black centre console you've undone the various connections that emanate from the loom. The loom snakes up behind the radio housing rather close to some very sharp metal edges. It's possible there's been some chafing over the years and the recent disturbance has been enough to bare one of the wires and cause a short circuit.

I ended up pushing some wide bore corrugated trunking up from the footwell to protect it.

Re: Scorpion alarm gone AWOL. - 08/07/2018 19:19

Yes Edinburgh. The black centre console. I think you're dead on. I've spent 2 hours finding and disconnecting the alarm box which has cured the immediate problem but now I've put it all back together, again, I've now got no stereo, no power to the clock and no front or rear fog lights.

Re: Scorpion alarm gone AWOL. - 08/07/2018 20:02

It's not very technical but wiggling the loom might cause one or two of these non-working issues to operate again, albeit temporarily.

If this is the case then the best way is to identify the damaged wire(s) using schematics, otherwise extremely sharp eyes finding the culprit in a huge mass of 'em.

You've checked for any fuses that may have blown......?

Re: Scorpion alarm gone AWOL. - 08/07/2018 21:00

No ,I've got it drivable and I'll have a proper investigation next weekend. I'm pretty sure I know where to look now.
the work I've done and the symptoms I've got I can't see any way you're wrong about me having damaged that loom. Thanks again.

Re: Scorpion alarm gone AWOL. - 09/07/2018 16:35

GOT IT!!! And the culprit was.. a blown fuse. I've got to give the credit to luke and Kirk at italicar . I stopped there after work as I knew they had a 20vt with the dash out that I could have a gander at.
I figured that because the alarm wasn't doing anything until I turned the ignition on that it had lost constant live. So effectively resetting every time I switched it off. And the fob won't receive with ignition on to disarm it.
Luke cleverly noticed the connection with that and the fact that I've no clock or stereo. 2 other things that have constant live. They all are on the same fuse as the interior dome light. Changed the fuse and plugged it all back in and now working perfectly.
The insult to injury is that I've now got to get all the wiring and alarm box back in after ripping it out last night, and while under there I found my heater matrix is leaking again

Re: Scorpion alarm gone AWOL. - 09/07/2018 20:07

Good result smile

At least you've got the opperchancity to tend to the heater matrix before the cold weather approaches....
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Scorpion alarm gone AWOL. - 10/07/2018 14:13

Italicar do have a soft spot for Coupes - and very coupe friendly.

Glad you got this sorted sharman-and found out early your heater matrix is needing some tlc.

MM
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK