Fiat Coupe Club UK

Central locking.

Posted By: sharman

Central locking. - 03/08/2018 19:35

Can anyone tell me which fuse the central locking is on. My owners handbook lists the fuses but seems to be incorrect.
My fob will lock the car and set the alarm but doesn't unlock it ( the alarm disarms though) . The central locking doesn't work with the key for either lock or unlock and not does the button on the dash. The owners book diagram doesn't seem to match my fuse board, they show a fuse they don't list, they don't list a fuse I have, the fuse they say is for the CL isn't blown and makes no difference when pulled, I'm a bit confused here..
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Central locking. - 03/08/2018 19:55

I'm not an expert but it doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the fuse if your key fob works - more like a mechanical issue, or just a clogged-up barrel even.

There's a howto for refurbing the barrels

Howto

Re: Central locking. - 03/08/2018 21:24

But that's the confusing part. Both mechs lock and unlock freely with the key individually, and both lock freely on the fob. But don't unlock on the fob and turning the key in either door doesn't affect the other. Its almost as though the lock function is on a completely different circuit to the rest of the central locking
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Central locking. - 04/08/2018 08:29

The control unit for the central locking is the box under the driver's seat and is completely separate from the alarm.

When you try to remote unlock after remote locking do the solenoids even click but not unlock or does nothing happen at all?

Maybe check the wiring (unplug and re-fit the connectors for a start) to control box under seat or replace the box itself, it has relays inside that could fail. Also check both services fuses are OK, but if remote locking is OK I assume the control box is receiving power.

Re: Central locking. - 04/08/2018 19:39

No Graham, nothing at all. There's no life in the central locking what so ever except for locking on the fob. Even if the doors are out of sync (one locked with the key and the other not)

Re: Central locking. - 05/08/2018 08:01

Ok so problem solved, for now at least.
Went out this morning to check a few fuses and as I swung the board down the passenger door unlocked. With the board hanging down the system works fine, if I click it back up its dead again. So Its either a loose wire in the board or a broken one above it. going be hard to find but at least I know where to start
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Central locking. - 05/08/2018 14:28

Progress!

The loom lurks up to the RHS above the fuse board and can get "caught" when the board is swung up or down - likely a wire has chafed.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK