Fiat Coupe Club UK

Radiator alternatives

Posted By: andyps

Radiator alternatives - 05/02/2017 21:35

Is there a decent alternative radiator for the 20VT? I took mine out this weekend as part of the dismantling for the engine swap and it is in really poor condition with lots of missing fins. Whilst I could presumably get it reconditioned I wondered if there is anything else recommended.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Radiator alternatives - 05/02/2017 22:17

Reconditioning radiators usually involves fitting a complete new core retaining only the end caps, so the poor condition parts will be thrown away.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Radiator alternatives - 05/02/2017 22:22

Joe at FCSS uses Valeo....

Re: Radiator alternatives - 05/02/2017 23:29

Thanks guys, I need to chat with Joe tomorrow anyway so will ask him.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Radiator alternatives - 06/02/2017 08:09

Valeo is OEM.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Radiator alternatives - 06/02/2017 08:15

Yes as Pete says Valeo is the OE radiator for yours Andy, the one removed sounds like an original black copper unit which has done it's time by the sound of it, new Valeo rads are alloy so silver in colour and still readily available, check Eurocarparts as they had a deal on last year supplying them for £95.00 delivered.

Re: Radiator alternatives - 06/02/2017 08:59

Cheers Joe, I'll wait until the next email from EuroCarParts with a discount - had one for 30% over the weekend but get them regularly.
Posted By: rayzer82

Re: Radiator alternatives - 06/02/2017 10:53

its worth trying some of the older codes for higher discount...I've had expired 40% and 50% codes work on items. I always try searching google for discount codes as that brings up past and present codes...sites like hot uk deals list expired codes but trial and error can save ££££££
Posted By: ScouseCoupe

Re: Radiator alternatives - 06/02/2017 11:24

Got my Valeo radiator from mister-auto.co.uk at the time ( Sept 2016 ) £88.00 delivered.
Posted By: godders

Re: Radiator alternatives - 16/01/2018 10:52

Hijacking Andy's Post from Feb Last year.
My radiator has a slight incontinence problem and is leaking from the bottom of the core on the right hand side (as you look at it from the front).

So neither http://www.mister-auto.co.uk or www.eurocarparts.com have any Valeo units in stock (actually, they have no Coupe rads in stock, period!).

So looking at alternatives, found this on fleabay, which has correct Fiat part No (from eper):

For FIAT COUPE 2.0 20V TURBO 1996-2001 New Radiator Genuine Valeo 71735354 OEM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-FIAT-COUP...EM/252029165571

Or:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-COUPE-199...R-/332447362745
Which has the correct Valeo part no 731593 .

However, I’ve also seen this which looks interesting:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/351731274139

And looks suspiciously like the Direnza rads’ which have a bit of mixed set of opinion on here. As this is for a trackday car, any views please?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sg
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Radiator alternatives - 16/01/2018 10:58

Personally I'd stick with OE Valeo at £109.00, the alloy radiators can leak and also cause issues where the fan frame is too close to the bottom outlet pipe.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Radiator alternatives - 16/01/2018 16:26

The one on my track coupe is an Aloy one(I think) from AA.

I run in very hot temps a lot of the time. No problems in any way.

There! I've said it. Kiss of death on its way!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Radiator alternatives - 21/02/2018 16:32

Does anyone know who has stock of the Valeo part? I'm struggling to find one. The ones on eBay are in Latvia - and have ETA of mid April!

Thank you in advance
Stephen

Re: Radiator alternatives - 25/02/2018 09:33

Yeah! Had the same problem, ordered one off Fleabay, but they cancelled my order as they said their supplier had incorrectly labelled their stock and they had none with no eta.

So after discussing with Joe i’ve gone for the Black Direnza which arrived in super speedy (Parcelforce aside) time. Not fitted yet but it looks fine and that bottom pipe (to the turbo) looks fine.

I’ll post up details once fitted (couple weeks time)

Sg

Re: Radiator alternatives - 27/02/2018 13:48

Thanks for that reassurance, I will probably do the same then. I believe they are thicker too, but hopefully there's enough room to play with.

S
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Radiator alternatives - 05/03/2018 14:02

I've had 2 radiators from these. One for my Coupe (VIS) and one for my van. Both have been fine so far. They've been installed for at least 4+ years.

https://www.adrad.co.uk/car-radiator/cat...e=2.0&year=

Re: Radiator alternatives - 12/05/2018 07:41

Update,

So I bought the black 40% upgrade Direnza Alloy radiator
Now fitted and I have to say I think this is a pretty decent bit of kit, the fan mountings fitted no problem, tip is fit the turbo coolant hose first then the fan mounting else it’s a bit of a tight squeeze to get the jubilee clip on.

The fact it is black gives the engine bay that OE feel, and on initial test runs especially when on idle the fans pop on for the briefest of times so the efficiency seems really good.

Should point out that my car has had the aircon removed so the rad is closer to the slam panel than on a car with aircon fitted, so for me the slightly thicker radiator is not a problem.

There are a couple of piccies on Joes FCSS Facebook page under “Barry Circuit Car” album.

If anyone needs any further detail let me know, but my view is that these are a decent alternative to the Valeo which is difficult to obtain at the moment.

Sg
Posted By: MarkC

Re: Radiator alternatives - 16/07/2018 10:16

Cheers for the update, my valeo has lasted less than two years and only 3000 miles and is leaking already, looking for an alloy rad,so the Direnza sounds good. Where did you order it from? As the Direnza webpage says out of stock.
Plus i have air con ,would it still fit ok?

Many thanks

Re: Radiator alternatives - 22/07/2018 08:22

Hi Mark,

I bought mine from the eBay shop of Uk Performance (aka jap parts)
The larger rad will fit with aircon, but it will be tight between the exhaust shield, so unless you need the extra cooling capacity I would go for the standard depth one, as my car spends most of its time at the upper end of the rev’ limit the extra capacity made sense, but for regular use not sure it’s needed. The black addition rad does look good though.

Sg

Re: Radiator alternatives - 19/09/2018 10:50

My radiator is leaking from the base fins. 20vt with aircon. I can't find any supplier who has these. The Advanced Rad co only has N/A style. Any ideas please?

Re: Radiator alternatives - 20/09/2018 10:10

Originally Posted By spinnaker
My radiator is leaking from the base fins. 20vt with aircon. I can't find any supplier who has these. The Advanced Rad co only has N/A style. Any ideas please?

goto www.carparts4less.co.uk for the Valeo Radiator ( Part Number 731593 ). Use the discount coupon and get further money off.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Radiator alternatives - 20/09/2018 12:15

Shows not available. Rog bought about 8 of them, possibly cleared the stock out a few months back.
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Radiator alternatives - 20/09/2018 12:16

I am trying to get a complete list of part numbers for valeo radiators as that one 731593 does not match any the "complete" part numbers they can find
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Radiator alternatives - 20/09/2018 12:22

Originally Posted By ScouseCoupe
Originally Posted By spinnaker

goto www.carparts4less.co.uk for the Valeo Radiator ( Part Number 731593 ). Use the discount coupon and get further money off.

There is supposedly nothing in stock or on the books for Fiat Coupe 20vt at the moment, but they are emailing me a list of valeo radiators just in case something else would match.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Radiator alternatives - 20/09/2018 14:12

Don't forget - if all else fails, there are still companies out there who can make you a rad from scratch, to match an existing unit. Probably going to cost more, but...

Re: Radiator alternatives - 20/09/2018 16:00

Originally Posted By BBR
I am trying to get a complete list of part numbers for valeo radiators as that one 731593 does not match any the "complete" part numbers they can find

That's the one on my invoice and on the valeo sticker on the radiator. Manufactured in 2016 and sold in 2016.

Re: Radiator alternatives - 20/09/2018 16:15

Just checked the Valeo site. The 20VT Rad is a 731593 like I have posted.

https://www.valeoservice.co.uk/en-uk/techassist/search/car

Other Coupe Valeo Current Part Numbers :

20v Non Turbo : 731592
16v Non Turbo : 731159
16v Turbo : 730838
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Radiator alternatives - 23/09/2018 10:57

Alternative Autos may have one.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK