Fiat Coupe Club UK

20V air box feed inlet pipe removal etc

Posted By: Anonymous

20V air box feed inlet pipe removal etc - 28/11/2017 08:48

I have looked at doing air box mods to my 20V.

The original pipe feeding to the airbox from front grille seems to be very restrictive, small diameter and seems to have a few box shaped bits on it. what are they for ?

Would chopping all this off and replacing it with a 3" bellmouth on the front of the air box give any more power and responsiveness, don't want to loose any low down torque though. Daily driver in all weathers.
cheers
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: 20V air box feed inlet pipe removal etc - 28/11/2017 09:58

Making any changes to the 20v intake pipework will have an effect on low down power, the route and resonators play an important part to the torque curve so any changes will make it feel flat.

Re: 20V air box feed inlet pipe removal etc - 28/11/2017 10:31

Thanks for that.
Car is a 20V Vis, at the moment it only has the initial pipe from the air box fitted. It came to me like that.

but I do have the other parts, resonators etc from another 20V ( NOT Vis ) so I assume it would be a good option to put these on my car rather than leave it as it is or chopping off the pipe.

Re: 20V air box feed inlet pipe removal etc - 28/11/2017 12:01

Yes fit what you have as the VIS and early n/a intake system is the same on both models, they only differ at the expansion bellows before the throttle body as the early n/a has an air temp sensor in the base of that pipe.

Re: 20V air box feed inlet pipe removal etc - 28/11/2017 13:10

Great

thanks for that

car is BarryGadd's old one

T

Re: 20V air box feed inlet pipe removal etc - 05/12/2017 11:02

Well I put all the inlet pipework on over the weekend

and WOW what a difference

thanks for the advice

cheers

T

Re: 20V air box feed inlet pipe removal etc - 05/12/2017 12:45

You're very welcome smile

Re: 20V air box feed inlet pipe removal etc - 06/12/2017 14:35

Second what Joe has said, we put all Rosa's pipework back at restoration, what a difference. I'd Already fitted a Flea 20V NA plug and play chip, and a Cybox SS exhaust, we fitted a K&N panel filter.

John
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK