Fiat Coupe Club UK

Side window rubbers

Posted By: HDK

Side window rubbers - 02/05/2018 18:46

Hi all,

The rubbers holding the side windows on my Coupé are rather worn ... I consider to change them, if I can find replacements.

Do you know if these still can found? Thanks!

Hans
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Side window rubbers - 03/05/2018 12:20

Found a kit for the whole window- others may be able to find the exact part. Or the seller may sell external only if contacted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Coupe-Offside-Right-Hand-Front-Door-Glass-Seal-Rubber-46303926-Genuine/372261822719?hash=item56ac88a0ff:g:99UAAOSwh41au7mc

Regards

Re: Side window rubbers - 05/05/2018 14:39

I have tried to write them, the e-mail address is not valid anymore frown I am actually looking for the rubbers that hold the triangular windows behind the doors ... Have not seen them anywhere.

Regards,

Hans
Posted By: avtokrator

Re: Side window rubbers - 05/05/2018 14:58

These are glued to the body

Re: Side window rubbers - 06/05/2018 09:35

I would think that if it has been assembled once, it can be done again ... provided one has all the parts smile I would change the speakers and give the b--pillars a new coat of paint in the same project, probably smile
Posted By: avtokrator

Re: Side window rubbers - 07/05/2018 20:10

The outer plastic trim is glued to the triangular back window, and then glued to the body. Can be disassembled, of course, but is risky business, for the paintwork and the glass itself, depening of the method you choose. What I mean is there is no rubber seal holding it in place. Actually all of the windows are glued to the body. The B-pillar doesn´t interfere and can be done without molesting the window assembly.

Re: Side window rubbers - 08/05/2018 06:30

I see, thanks for the info - very useful! It is absolutely great that you will share your knowledge on this forum! Do you think that there is any chance at all to find new outer plastic trims, then? From what you wrote I do not expect then that it will be possible to get them second hand ...
Posted By: Rob40

Re: Side window rubbers - 09/05/2018 11:41

A good windscreen shop will remove them easily, been done many times for windows-out resprays.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK