Fiat Coupe Club UK

Wonder Wheels - any good?

Posted By: joe90

Wonder Wheels - any good? - 19/06/2018 11:25

Had my alloys refurbed recently and want to keep them looking nice. Is Wonder Wheels any good? Does it do any damage and can anyone suggest a good brush to clean them without causing damage/scratching?

Many thanks.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 19/06/2018 11:29

I used a wonder wheels kit on my Coupe and it is very good at getting the baked in dirt and brake dust off.

It is very corrosive so use as instructed!

The kit I had came with it's own application brush.

The negative is where the paint was peeling it gets underneath and makes this worse. So I used it sparingly and only in areas that specifically needed attention rather than the entire wheel.
Posted By: andyps

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 19/06/2018 14:11

The best readily available product I have found for wheel cleaning is a new one from Autoglym - Magma - http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cle...=autoglym+magma - It works really well (but is smelly!)
Posted By: Richie007

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 19/06/2018 17:53

Try valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner, it’s non acid based which all the above are, it smells nice and all the trade use it. Check it out on Google. I’m a Detailer by trade, mix it 50/50 with water and use a very light brush like this one http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valet-pro-inch-round-wheel-brush and then a long wheel brush to get inside the wheel.
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 20/06/2018 07:13

Ha!

sounds like Richie's got the inside knowledge on that one;

Yeah; that Wonder Wheels stuff is terrific at eating through brake dust, in a way that water alone doesn't touch; but you can get an indication of how aggressive it is; as if you have minor injuries on your fingers whilst using it, and it gets in; it stings like F*fe.

Personally; I try and give 'em a really good clean, (the wheels), about twice a year with that Wonder Wheels stuff or something less aggressive; and then wax them; internally & externally; to fight back the worst of water-borne filth from sticking to them.

It's a lot of effort; but keeps 'em good I think.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
Posted By: joe90

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 20/06/2018 15:32

Great - thanks all and Richie - I'll take your advice smile
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 20/06/2018 19:28

Dante, that is superb dedication, looking good!
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 21/06/2018 07:02

that's very kind

thanks
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 23/06/2018 15:36

Wonder Wheels ruined my white wheels on my Yamaha FZR600 in 1993, never again, wonder my arse.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 23/06/2018 18:09

Wonder wheels contain acids. I would never clean my alloy wheels with this stuff. There is no real secret as others have said, a purpose designed brush goes a long way with any car shampoo & bit of elbow grease.....simple. yes
Posted By: Rob40

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 25/06/2018 18:34

The reason it's called Wonder Wheels is that you wonder where the paint has gone after you've used it!

I believe it's the same as Wonder Bra...…. laugh
Posted By: paul

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 13/07/2018 08:10

Cleans the crap off ruins the finish too —dulls any finish especially lacquer don’t use it if possible
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wonder Wheels - any good? - 16/07/2018 05:32

Iron X.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK