Fiat Coupe Club UK

Shock Absorber!

Posted By: LuisFilipe

Shock Absorber! - 04/09/2018 21:12

I need to change my shocks absorbers, can you please me tell me what brands are the best?
My car (20VT)is standard just as Eibach Springs, i just want something that makes the ride nicer, more confortable.

Thanks.
Posted By: ScouseCoupe

Re: Shock Absorber! - 05/09/2018 10:26

I am using KYB Gas Shocks. Work well with non OEM springs.

Re: Shock Absorber! - 05/09/2018 11:43

Where can i buy this KYB Shocks?
Posted By: avtokrator

Re: Shock Absorber! - 05/09/2018 13:53

They have front shocks for the 20vt? I only see reference number for the rears...

Re: Shock Absorber! - 06/09/2018 07:41

Can anybody tell me where the best places to buy shocks (i know Steve from Alternative Autos but is on vacations)?

thanks.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Shock Absorber! - 06/09/2018 11:53

Steve is away until 11 Sept, only 5 days. He has one on eBay for £120 (2 available)

You could try Shop4Parts, they have them for £80 each and delivery (to UK anyway) is quick, about the same on AutoDoc and variations (buycarparts, etc.) but delivery is from Germany and can be slow.

Even if you search for the OE part number 46456412 for 20vt only, a lot of places will present you with the 16vt part instead.

Re: Shock Absorber! - 12/09/2018 21:52

So, the thing is this thread caught my eye, as I plan to change the shocks soon, and not long ago there were good offer of brands&prices, just for curiosity took a look over the typical car parts sites, here and there. And now, if any listed as "in stock", only brands as trw and gabriel can be found. And that's not the case only for the 20VT, the 16VT seems to be almost in the same situation. And here goes the question, one thing I never had very clear: the front shock for the 16VT share the same lower mounting points? I mean where the hub attaches with the two bolts?
Posted By: Scuderia

Re: Shock Absorber! - 15/09/2018 08:34

Originally Posted By avtokrator
So, the thing is this thread caught my eye, as I plan to change the shocks soon, and not long ago there were good offer of brands&prices, just for curiosity took a look over the typical car parts sites, here and there. And now, if any listed as "in stock", only brands as trw and gabriel can be found. And that's not the case only for the 20VT, the 16VT seems to be almost in the same situation. And here goes the question, one thing I never had very clear: the front shock for the 16VT share the same lower mounting points? I mean where the hub attaches with the two bolts?

Yes

Aftermarket 16vt/20vt shocks are the same.

Re: Shock Absorber! - 17/09/2018 23:44

Thanks a lot, finally find full set of M-Marelli branded ones at offer. Hope they preform well.

Re: Shock Absorber! - 20/09/2018 13:39

Ha, this was a short-lived joy, start the day with "order cancelled due to unavailabilty" message. Seems the day when basic maintenance parts become obsolete has come.
Posted By: mr_nobut

Re: Shock Absorber! - 22/09/2018 10:48

Hi, recently bought a pair of KYB excel G-shock rear shocks for my 20vt off eBay
, about £24 each? Fitted and work well with new suplex rear springs also only £25!! Just need to double check they are actual kyb not generic!! Happy hunting rolleyes .....theses were for the rear???

Re: Shock Absorber! - 22/09/2018 15:57

Hi, I was actually looking for the four shock + the top mounts as these were the only parts I didn't change when did the suspension refresh, and the fronts are the ones ones that have me worried, but ordered yesterday full kit of Monroe parts from Germany. It's a bit annoying there's some choice for ritmos, regatas y fiorinos, and each day there's less for the Coupe.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK