Fiat Coupe Club UK

Rear led bulbs..not cob?

Posted By: mr_nobut

Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 16/06/2018 13:10

Hi, I realise this has been discussed to death with various cob ring options etc but was wondering if anyone has found and was using a simple replacement LED bulb.

Don't really want the 'cob' ring effect just nice bright red lights…I've tried a different pair or lamps and also some red bulbs but it still just looks a bit 'pink' especially against ink black.

I guess this is the factory look but modern cars look better with 'red' lights….??
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 17/06/2018 08:51

not tried any ..but remember they are twin filament bulbs for stop and tail so not many about ...try these and let us know https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/44-LED-TWIN-FILAMENT-WHITE-LED-STOP-TAIL-LIGHT-BULBS-1157-BAY15D-P21-5W-380-X-2/371588729147?hash=item56846a093b:g:2lMAAOSwE~larpI0

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 17/06/2018 11:37

Ta, been looking on eBay and difficult to tell if some of the offerings are dual filament or not!! There are some utube videos of some bulbs were the tail and stop are the same brightness so people can’t tell your braking when you’ve got your lights on!!!!
Don’t want to fit dogey ones and be ended!!!

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 19/06/2018 06:37

N3dsd, i’ve bought some of those led bulbs (but in red not white), and some other ‘cheaper’ ones of Ebay..i’ll report back....hopefully it’ll fix the pinkyness laugh
Posted By: hangar1138

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 20/06/2018 13:11

I bought front indicators, rear indicators, rear position lights + brake lights from

https://www.hids4u.co.uk/

and I'm very satisfied of the reliability and brightness

... and they are in UK!

if can help I can post some pics...

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 21/06/2018 04:04

hi
here my red led lights

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

the third brake light is still the stock light
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 21/06/2018 06:38

looked the the website but I can't find any LED dual filament on there ..that's what Mr Nobut was asking about

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 21/06/2018 08:24

yes seems to me the same,

I bought here 3 or 4 years ago, maybe now these products are out of stock.

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 22/06/2018 07:29

Hi, bulbs turned up...the red versions off the e-bay link above worked ok but overall no real improvement in 'redness' over the red normal bulbs I have already. The big disappointment and it's what the utube videos suggested is their is hardly any difference in tail and stop function. A slight increase in brightness but wonder if someone tailgating at night would see!!!

The others which were cheap stop/tail just didn't work and taking them apart (one fell apart anyway) they were simply wired to each other so not 'dual circuit'.

looks like a 2 bulb approach (ie cob and bulb) is probably the only way to get a significant improvement.....don't mind the stock look but pinkness bugs me!! rolleyes
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 22/06/2018 08:28

Have you looked at cree bulbs.
Posted By: RedHotCoupePeppers

Re: Rear led bulbs..not cob? - 01/08/2018 19:32

Hid4u is 2 mins from me happy to drop a visit one day if someone wants help
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK