Fiat Coupe Club UK

dash cam install

Posted By: hangar1138

dash cam install - 05/01/2018 06:26

hi friends

for the first time I write in this section smile

I decided to install a front dash cam: too many people driving with eyes on smartphone and not on the road and I thought I someone will hit me? If I get out alive my coupe will be rubbish: no spare parts no affordability and I will lose my loved car frown

so my question: where I can get directly from car 5 volt 1 amp in the central ceiling light (internal rearview mirror)??

I want to avoid to use cigaret lighter for 2 reason:

- a cable is terrible to see from ashtray to roof
- my ashtray was removed to free space for Apexi avcr laugh

thanks for infos and support

Davide
Posted By: DaveG

Re: dash cam install - 05/01/2018 07:40

Go on eBay and search for "Hard Wire Kit Car Dash Cam" and you can find something either to wire in to a 12V source, or a "piggy back" fuse connector which makes it even easier (you just have to find the right fuse to piggy back from, and connect it the correct way round). You can take power from somewhere like the side mirror or side window switches, or piggy back from the fuse box, tuck the transformer away and there's usually a long enough cable to run across the dash, up the A pillar and along the front of the roof so that the USB connector comes out near the mirror, no major dismantling required, the cable can easily be tucked behind the trim.

Depending on price and how quickly you want it, you can choose from sellers in Asia, UK or mainland Europe.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK