Fiat Coupe Club UK

Someone's offered me a project Ginetta

Posted By: Blueboyracer

Someone's offered me a project Ginetta - 07/08/2017 06:21

A mate of my father in law has just offered me his Ginetta that he had every intention of restoring, he reckons it would make a great track day car, I tend to agree.

Not sure which model or spec yet, but might be a fun compliment to the Coupes in the garage...
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Someone's offered me a project Ginetta - 07/08/2017 10:42

Very interesting - I think most Ginettas would make great track cars - without having seen it, I'm quite envious (mind you, since I've not made it out on track this year, I'm just envious of the whole idea)

Re: Someone's offered me a project Ginetta - 07/08/2017 19:30

It is certainly exciting, but i am unsure as to which model it is. All I know at this stage is that it has a 2.1 litre pinto engine and has a fibre glass body, which narrows it down slightly. I am just hoping it doesn't need too much work as it's likely to be a classic model knowing my father in law lol
Posted By: Ali_and_Marvin

Re: Someone's offered me a project Ginetta - 09/08/2017 18:02

My OH has a Ginetta and runs the Ginetta enthusiasts page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GinettaOwnersClub/ also a member of the Ginetta owner's club (www.ginetta.org) They're very helpful to people even thinking about acquiring a Ginetta and if you have the reg then their registrar will be able to help you with the car's history.

He says from your brief description it sounds like a G27, especially if it's curvy! Are you going to Festival Italia on Sunday?

Re: Someone's offered me a project Ginetta - 09/08/2017 21:18

Hey Ali
It's a G26, not so curvy lol
See u both Sunday :-)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK