Fiat Coupe Club UK

The Honda NSX - could it be any more underrated?!?

Posted By: JKD

The Honda NSX - could it be any more underrated?!? - 29/04/2018 17:52

The whole Ayrton Senna connection, and the ''it made other manufacturers step up their game'' are quite well known aspects of the NSX.

But I was extremely surprised to learn that it influenced what is probably one of the most important supercars ever, the McLaren F1.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a28632/acura-nsx-mclaren-f1-gordon-murray/

And I used to think Lamborghini sticking the Nissan 300ZX headlights on a facelifted Diablo was a big thing!
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: The Honda NSX - could it be any more underrated?!? - 01/05/2018 05:14

I’ve always had a soft spot for these, the prices have had an uplift presumably around the same time as the Ferraris, although not by the same extent!

There’s this footage of Senna hooning a NSX around a Suzuka wearing loafers.

Re: The Honda NSX - could it be any more underrated?!? - 20/05/2018 21:36

I saw a red one the other day. For the first time ever in my life.

Yeah, one of my favourite cars of all time and up until then I had only ever seen it in videos and photos.

Now in my experience, whenever I've hyped something up in my mind, it has always ended up being a disappointment. And in my mind I had painted a picture of the NSX as being unbelievably beautiful.

Well I'm pleased to say that it actually looked even better in real life. Wide, low to the ground, sleek and aggressive. Basically, any supercar attribute you can think of, it had it in spades. I really don't know how some people don't regard it as a supercar.

The icing on the cake was when it came to a stop at some red lights and the sun was shining through the clouds in front of it.

A perfect sight to behold, one that would rouse even those with no interest in cars.

And I can say with certainty that everyone on this forum would happily own that car.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: The Honda NSX - could it be any more underrated?!? - 22/05/2018 18:03

I drove one when I left Uni washing cars and helping out in a Honda Dealership in London, had to drive it from Sidcup to Dartford to their other dealership at the time, I obviously did not take the short route, it was a red one and it was superb to drive.
Posted By: whatmoretyres

Re: The Honda NSX - could it be any more underrated?!? - 05/06/2018 16:08

I don't think it is under rated judging by current prices!

Re: The Honda NSX - could it be any more underrated?!? - 06/06/2018 19:57

Originally Posted By whatmoretyres
I don't think it is under rated judging by current prices!

I think you're right.

Facelift original model

New model
Posted By: barnacle

Re: The Honda NSX - could it be any more underrated?!? - 07/06/2018 17:15

Oddly enough, I've seen three in the last week - or the same one three times smile

The new model suffers rather from the current Honda obsession with making everything look like a Tonkatoy.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Honda NSX - could it be any more underrated?!? - 08/06/2018 05:21

I love them both! smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK