Fiat Coupe Club UK

Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah!

Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 18/11/2017 21:35

Every year, we try to arrange something daft for our family Christmas gathering. In the past we have held a photo shoot in some woods whilst wearing Panda onesies, eaten Christmas dinner in plastic horses' heads and sported charity shop garb combined with luxuriant fake moustaches. This year we are changing it up and intend to hold a radio-controlled car race around a circuit we will build in our ChipsAway workshop.
There will be six racers, so we need six different cars (2.4ghz?), budget £20ish each plus batteries. Ideally, we want actual model cars, not buggies.

Fly, my forum pretties and find the best RC racers for twenty quid!
Posted By: mrc

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 18/11/2017 22:30

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5535202

And modify them! smile

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 19/11/2017 16:13

Thanks MrC. Unfortunately, these aren't 2.7GHz, so can't deal with 6 cars at once. Looks like maybe Black Friday will (for once) be useful...
Posted By: mrc

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 19/11/2017 21:29

There's loads here and seems to be some good prices, not sure how long the delivery will be?

https://www.gearbest.com/r-c-cars-c_11304/3.html

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 20/11/2017 18:41

One last question...

We've bought the cars ( Lambo Aventadors, since you ask... ),

Now, what can we use to lay out the track boundaries? The track will be about 30m around, and the barriers will need to be dense enough not to get pushed out of the way, but soft enough not to write off the Lambos on the first turn! We have an abundance of cardboard boxes, so if anyone can think of a cunning way to cut/roll/etc. cardboard, I'm all ears...

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 22/11/2017 17:42

Grrr!

So, the cars arrived today and... they are NOT 2.7Ghz as advertised and all have to go back!
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 23/11/2017 09:39

I notice that Eurocarparts have RC cars advertised in their Blavk Friday sale - might be worth a look after your Lambo let-down
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 23/11/2017 14:15

Why do they need to be 2.7G?
I used to run RC cars on 27Mhz and 35Mhz and even they had 6 different frequencies.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 26/11/2017 08:14

Lol, you're talking crystal radios, Jim is buying toy shop stuff. The 2.7 is 'digital'as apposed to analogue.

Have you tried hobbyking website? Most of my rc stuff comes from there.

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 26/11/2017 09:36

The cars we ordered only had 3 frequencies. We returned them and have bought some other ones. Thanks for the advice.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 26/11/2017 18:52

They ok? If not I know a guy who owns a model shop so could possibly sort something out

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 26/11/2017 19:40

Dunno yet - the newly ordered ones haven't arrived yet. They are less "car" like and more buggy, which we wanted to avoid, but hopefully they'll do the job.

1/10 scale I think.
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 04/12/2017 21:20

DAM, wish I had seen this sooner.

Bikes smile

Re: Christmas RC racing caper, forum Powah! - 04/12/2017 21:57

Thanks for the thought! The new RC cars arrived over the weekend, but we haven't had a chance to open them yet...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK